This switch (outlined) is a mystery. It's on a JCB 1CX skid steer backhoe. It's not in the owners manual and I can't find one like it on the net. It's a genuine JCB switch and it lights up when switched on but appears to do nothing else. It's a canopy machine so it not interior lights and I don't have the coffee maker option I'm curious to know what it is. Thanks, Chris.
Would appear to be the optional shower. Ether injection for cold start?
That is a sprinkler switch for a JCB Vibromax compactor or roller. I think someone used the switch for something else as they will fit other options and didnt get the switch with the right picture. To know what it is for remove the cover and find the plug that the switch is plugged into. The plugs have pictures on them. The picture will be what the switch is supposed to be turning on.
Thanks Diesel Monkey. I think you're spot on. I have pulled all the connectors (and removed the switches that's why they are so clean!) but most of the little stickers have fallen off or are so smudged that you can't decipher them. And the wiring is difficult to trace given JCB's quaint habit of making every wire on the machine yellow :Banghead Hopefully I'll figure it out one day. Chris.
What wire numbers go into the switch
I didn't see any wire numbers but it's really dirty under there. Are the numbers stamped on the wires or are there just labels (cause I didn't see any labels)? In any case I will do some more cleaning and inspection tomorrow or Saturday. Thanks for your help, Chris.
On the wires. About every six centimeters
Excellent. I do have a wiring diagram (for an older model). I'll check it out tomorrow and this time I will wear my glasses. Will report back my findings. Thanks again. Chris.
Hi Chris This could be for a patch planer for water suppression foes it have electrical socket near the qrc couplings on loader arm you might find the end of the wire there.
Ok, I checked the wiring numbers and going to the switch I have 101 on socket position 3, 102 on position 2, and 109 on position 7. However, JCB JEFF had the answer. My machine is a High Flow model and has wiring down to the high flow quick connects on the right side loader arm. And sure enough, with the spray switch on, I get 12 volts supplied to that connector. So well done lads - mystery solved. Thank you Diesel Monkey in Canada and JCB Jeff in the UK, much appreciated. :drinkup Chris.
Your welcome Chris glad you got to the bottom of your mystery yellow wires