I have an issue with an oil leak from the oil cooler on my 95 JD 410D backhoe. I have a question posted about it in the Tractor/Loader section of the forum but I am not getting much response so I thought I would try posting here. Anyone ever heard of this?
It's not rocket science, if there's a gasket and an O ring in there, then one of them is leaking. Do you think there's some way that you're going to fix this without taking it apart?
I've seen like 4 or 5 threads you've started on this so far. All threads show up on the "New Posts" page so its really pointless to have more than 1 thread. My advice is to wash off the oil and run all the functions. If its leaking from the core, the cooler is shot. If it leaks from a pipe or hose connection, its probably an o-ring or gasket.
Blame me for the multiple posts, the first one was titled "410D..." and I said to make it "JD oil cooler" because there's more JD oil coolers than there's 410D's... There's a time for research, and there's a time to just take it apart already.
Easy guys. All I was trying to do is find out if anyone else with my same machine had the SAME leak. I know what I have to do to fix it. The excavator section of the site has the most posts so I thought I would ask the question there as more would see it. Sorry if I upset anyone. Was not my intent.
Post in the section that covers the type of machine it is. If everybody posted in the most popular section hoping to get a faster response I think a lot of people would get annoyed. Not every question is going to answered right away.
I was not trying to get a FASTER response. So far I have not heard from a single member here who has had the same leak that I have. That was all I was looking for. I have already apologized if I may have annoyed anyone but for those who missed my first apology, I am sorry if I annoyed or upset anyone here. The mission statement of this site clearly states " Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas". All I have been trying to do is get an answer to my question, plain and simple. But I detect a little hostility here towards me that I think is unfair as I have been nothing but a gentleman with my question.
I didn't intended to come across as hostile. If it sounded that way I apologize. Your best bet is to go to the dealer and get a parts breakdown. Then order whatever seals are needed to repair your leak.
I don't think you've annoyed or upset anyone and no one is trying to be hostile. All we're saying is post your question in the forum that covers it (if there is one) and have a little patience in waiting for an answer. Posting in another forum isn't going to help if no one has had a similar problem to yours. There's no guarantee that there will be members with the same machine you need help with.