here are some of my family's caseih and old ih tractors.
some more more IH anybody got some beloved red iron?
sexy.....heres my baby...just bought paint and primer yesterday...she is getting some new paint next week before hay season kicks off
the ugly hole in the hood is because it has a M&W turbo on it so the previous owner did a sh*tty job re-locating the pipe...thats getting fixed before the paint goes on heres 1 last one with the 10' disk...and an old girl that was at a local plow day
If its red, leave it in the shed!
Im the son of a third generation farrrrrmer! Been married ten years to farmers daaaughter! Im a Gd fearin hardworkin....... Nice equipment, but.....GO GREEN!
Nice red iron!! :jawdrop Im more of a closet red fan I bleed green!! I just bought a Farmall super A with a belly mower:thumbsup Ill post som pics tommorrow:drinkup Stefan
hey we run Deeres too....run what you can afford...thats the showing of true farmers i told my buddy I'm going to hook my 886 to his 4020 but he is too afraid my baby will pull his all around town hey Deere9670....i always thought "if its NOT red leave it in the shed"...or "only a Magnum can kill a Deere"
ok heres two more of the red family...the first is my buddies uncles, he never uses the thing, its ashame but i hope mine comes out this nice the second is my buddies other uncle who owns a whole mess of antique IH's...his perfectly restored M just took first place in a show around here and his MTA...these are the only pictures i have of his collection
The 4020 was the best tractor Deere ever made! Now lets compare apples to apples now, I dont think the 886 against the 4020 is fair! The 4020 got a turbo?
no the 4020 doesn't, but the 886 originally didn't either...the 4020 weighs in around (rough estimate) 9000lbs + it has filled tires....the 886 weighs in around 10,000 + it has filled tires...so it might be an even match, his has better tread on the tires too
I get achance I'll take some pics of my friend's Farmall Cub this weekend. Nice stuff there. We have an eclectic mix here. 2 John deere's 3 Fords of various vintages a massey ferguson and the cub.
Chain em up, and pull like hell! Let me know how it turns out!:drinkup If I could ever find my camera usb cable, I would post some pics of all the tractors up at our farm. Right now we got a 4560,4960(with triples), 8760 (4wd), a 5410, an A and an old worn out 4020. I not a red hater as much as you think, actually all of our tillage tools are all red! We buy John Deere because of our dealers support and parts:usa Right now for the past 3 days straight I have been on the 4560 with a cultivator working up all the washed out gullies ointhead I think Im gonna go lay down now because my head is soar from hitting the roof so many times:bash
Why do you think I chose my username the way I did?:beatsme
here you go guys...this was from a few weeks ago....theres a 4020 in it for some of you green nuts
that didnt work...maybe this will http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/...d Farming/?action=view¤t=4-12-08031.flv
What kind of crop are you preparing the seedbed for? Is the 4020 on a chiesel or a cultivator? Cool video, please post some more!
we plant that for a local restaurant owner...we put a corn maze in there...double plant the corn and cut paths...its a real cash cow its the second year of doing this, we had to moldboard it last year...full of poison and root balls, this year it chiseled up pretty nice its a chisel on the 4020 and a 10' disk and packer on my tractor...I'll get more videos around hay season
heres my red....
I would post some mine but will have to scan them in first. My favorite all time was the 3788. I loved running that tractor. I prefered it over the 8450's we also had. That restoration on the 1486 is outstanding.
My cousins had one of those row-crop farmalls when I was a kid. They looked like they could fall over and perhaps a few did, just like a trike. International also made an elevating scraper called E200. Driving one was like sitting on a VEEEEERRyy tall horse.......C ya.........Ray
man you guys have some nice equipment. sadly none of mine will ever look that nice. except for a string of flat tires everything goes to work every morining.
They make others?
Amen brother
Just got back from hogan-walker fyi is a Deere dealer, and the guy said they were taking orders for 2009, so whats that tell ya?
Tells me you have to replace the "other" color more often.
O wait! I forgot one, C.A.S.E = cant afford somthing else
just painted her this week...still have to do the roof and rims and get the decals on
Thats a nice looking tractor you have there. Great job on the paint. :notworthy If it absolutely cannot br green,.........I guess that would be the way to go.
Nothing runs like a deere. And nothing kills deere like MAGNUM.
nothing runs like a deere, everything else runs better. Its to bad IH didn't have better leadership the CEO they had from the late 70's on drove it head first in the ground. Did you know the magnum tractors are a international design? The only thing case did was put a power ship in the 3 range "Z" style 6sp. I love me some red tractors, although i think the best combine is actually a gleaner.
My M2 would be proud to hear that.:Cowboy
heres one for you...this is my buddies uncles that we had to go pick up from somewhere
heres some hay baling http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/...ng Vidoes/?action=view¤t=5-26-08002.flv
thats a nice slogan.LOL my red ride has not let me down Yet I"ll post a pic of her soon
The only green tractors worth owning looked like this. By coyote_243 at 2008-06-03 By coyote_243 at 2008-06-03
removed
No laughing at my hydro.
My personal favorite: http://www.newenglandtractor.com/home/7520.jpg Dougsterâ„¢ :usa
that oliver is one heavy tractor!
Three words: I BLEED GREEN!
Three words: I hate Deere. lol really they aren't that bad just what i was raised with. had to say that though!
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao Thats funny! Just kidding man, I like looking at all tractors, and I was raised with all green, so thats what I run. I have never been on a red one, so I wouldent even know if it was better or worse then a Deere.:drinkup
Somebodys jealous of the wonderful color green! Its ok!
Here is our red tractor. 1991 9250. Has been the flagship of our fleet for many years. Probably going to be downgraded to a cart tractor this fall as we are looking at an STX385HD. The other red piece of equipment we have, while not a tractor, is our 2388 combine. Warren
Ahh, you must be the farmerknowsbest from youtube! Welcome to the forum. I work on a farm down here in illinois so its good to see another farmer on the forum. Couple of questions- Whats the width on the tillage tool that looks to be a cultivator? And explain the homemade looking grading blade? More pics please!!!:drinkup
Indeed I am. The field cultivator is a 54ft. The "grader" is a LaSole Land plane built in Quebec Canada. It is probably one of my favourite tillage pieces as it eliminates several passes of the field. We use it after wheat to get rid of the dead furrows in the field. We spread manure, then moldboard plow the field. If I can get on the field before it rains a lot, then I make one pass with the plane and the field is ready to plant. This spring we no-tilled beans into the land planed fields. The one pass with the plane eliminated 2 passes with the cultivator, one pass picking stones and in theory could remove a pass with a roller. Warren
man i need one of those...i spent all saturday morning disking and packing a rough field for some late corn
Wow! farming in canada sure is alot different then around here! We are 100% no-till on our farm(beans and corn). I like that setup on the back of that 4wd, espically the way it goes to transport position. We got one of those scraper boxes, that is 20 ft wide, and taking it up our busy roads is no fun! My boss let me take out the 30 ft cultivator this spring hooked to a john deere 4960 with triples to work a field that had been sluged, and man was that fun, I cant imagine how much fun it would be to run a 52 footer!
I as well originally bleed green... There is a reason they haven't changed hands a bunch of times such as other coughredcough manufacturers I can think of. But if you want an all around pig of a tractor.... you need yourself a 6030!
What is a Magnum? I've never seen one before.:crying. Show me. else i'm abee tearing.
those machines red or green they are quite large in size!!! two or three passes is all i need with that 52footer.. lol
I realized what a Magnum is. I see a very clear play on words now.
here is our red machines, havent seen any in here yet, first one is of the tractor we use for rolling, harrowing and pulling the grain cart. Second is the unit that pulls the drill,
here are some pics of my dream tractor, Versatile 535.... mean looking with the big float tires
i sold mine...here she was loaded up and ready to be taken to her new owner
Cool pics of that versitile. I hear they make the best 4wd tractors out there! Is that yours with the triples? We used to have a jd 8960 and 8760 both with triples! I take it you roll beans with the first one? Keep posting pics! Dirtdigger, why are you selling your red ride? Looks like some new paint sincce i last seen it!
yea Deere it got a new paint job this spring and i worked it all summer doing hay and tillage but it just didn't get the use i had hoped for and the IH tranny wasn't anything i liked. I hated have to be stopped to shift gears and the power steering wasn't very fun when backing up wagons...you had to be at atleast 1/2 throttle for the power steering to work...so i put it in a free classified add and had it sold the same week...made $1500 profit on it, told the guy i was firm with the price but would deliver for free
is that an 856? beauty!
886...this was before i got the numbers on her
i wish the one with the triples was mine haha, no mine is actually the 876 in my first post and the 2360 is my dads, the other ones are just pics i found. the one with triples is a 535 HP tractor haha, the 876 is 280 stock but ours is turned up to 300
Magum Who makes the moters in thoese big boys ??? Jim
Cummins if i'm not mistaken
yes those would all be cummins engines.... one other reason they are the greatest tractor
That sure is a sharp M there, makes me wanna go out back and paint dad's...
come on man just do it!! peer pressure just do it! the world needs some more red!!u gotta post the pics though, thats the only string! plus i'm sure it'd make pop proud!
you like the old ones do you?....these are all my buddies uncles who owns the M EDIT:...i dont know why these links aren't showing up as pictures like they do in all my previous threads...whats going on?
i love to see those old tractor actually doing something! nice to see somebody who has a nice tractor that can still get dirty!
good to see another red fan i own now and restored my great uncles 1959 460 Diesel in high school and i use it for work and show it off in parades.
Heres mine. 1950 C in the process of restoring it.
Here my Red one
Here's my '47 H...
Dont have any pics of them,but ill share what we got. Have a CaseIH 5130, CaseIH CX100,Another CaseIH im sure what the number is off the top of my head, Also have a couple Farmall H's. We are looking at a new tractor aswell a CaseIH MAXXUM 115 or 125 not sure if we want another MWFD or 2wd. Here take a look at them.I would personally love to have a 2wd dually myself. CaseIH MAXXUM 115 CaseIH Maxxum 125
I like the Maxxum series wth the Cummins engine and power shift transmission you just can't beat it.
Farmall 560 Here's a recent shot of my brother's Farmall he restored. My brother had it shipped to the south from Newville, PA where he bought it from my uncle. My uncle had it shipped from Indiana from a fellow he bought it from. My brother also restored the tractor behind it this year. It was used on my grandads dairy farm in the seventies and eighties. It was retired in about 2000, but was just recently restored. It's got a little red in the wheels :tong Any guesses on what it is?
Posted by Boone: Looking at the fenders, I wanna say Deutz. I've never seen fenders like that on any other tractor, but I can't recall ever seeing red centers on Deutz wheels either.
Good job trukfan. They had red centers for a few years. This one is a '74 or '75.
Here is my red machine all fixed up with a 8ft disk I fixed up better then new. Its a 484, it will do alot of the stuff my dads 90hp JD will do, just bogs down and roles coal doing it.