Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any of our Canadian members from around Campbell River?

Hallback · 2022-12-15 21:26

I know this is the equipment section but one of the companies I work for has about 6,000 acres up there and I hear there's quite the monster elk population. How hard is it to hunt Canada being a US resident?

Replies6
  1. #1hvy 1ton2022-12-15 21:40

    Since I'm here anyway: It's probably easier than a Ft Riley tag. 7th flattest state and we have elk. Car hit one on the turnpike last month.

  2. #2Camshawn2022-12-15 21:57

    If you search “non resident hunting in BC“ the requirements page of the government hunting regs comes up. I haven’t hunted for quite a while so don’t want to give you any false information. Cam

  3. #3scottympm2022-12-15 22:36

    All permits for people to hunt elk here on the Island are selected by a draw, with only a limited number of permits available each year. Scott

  4. #4Hallback2022-12-16 08:41

    Are non residents able to put in for the draw?

  5. #5scottympm2022-12-16 11:30

    I’m not a hunter but I would assume so. You need a guide though. Here’s some info: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/.../fishing-hunting/hunting/non-resident-hunting

  6. #649pacific2022-12-16 22:34

    No a non resident can’t apply for a limited entry draw. If you wanna go after a island elk ( Roosevelt elk ). You can hire a hunting guide and shot one with the guide.