Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Direct feller buncher

Slake-chris · 2022-12-20 23:30

I’m looking for more info on my buncher . 2007 Direct fb206. I know Volvo bought them a few years back and that all went poorly, now I’m sure they are called Eltec . I’ve spoke to Eltec about parts and they are not much help . Any info or a line on manuals would be great ! Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Mike L2022-12-23 06:52

    So even thought they are related, an eltec is nothing like a direct and almost nothing like a Volvo. I am of zero help to you but I did work for a Volvo dealer who ended up picking up the eltec line while I was there. Eltec completely redesigned the machine from a Volvo. If you find anything let us know. I’d be curious to learn about them.

  2. #2Tones2022-12-23 15:29

    Is this any help? https://shaws.co.nz/forestry/eltec-forestry

  3. #3Mike L2022-12-23 18:01

    So the eltec started out as direct. They sold out to Volvo who did some upgrades. They then decided to invest in paving equipment and not forestry equipment and sold it to Patrick element at element technologies. (Eltec) his family has logging operations in Quebec. They took it and improved it greatly.

  4. #4Hallback2022-12-24 12:24

    You're not going to find much on them as they were not very popular even in today's form as an Eltec.

  5. #5Mike L2022-12-24 12:57

    I worked for a dealer that started selling them when they first came out. We liked them. They seemed to be designed to be able to work on them. We had some demos and people liked them but were cautious about buying because they were new. I wasn’t around when they sold any. What’s the consensus on the west coast?

  6. #6Hallback2022-12-24 16:53

    They tried to push the brand out here but I don't think anybody is running them. A couple guys bought the leveling shovels and as far as I know there might be one working down in Oregon but that is it The other one went back.

  7. #7Plebeian2022-12-25 21:30

    Direct FB 307 in snow (Direct seemed to have stopped before they started) Eltec in NZ (going to make them work) Shaws also do the Sany logging/ forestry excavators. Volvo (South Korean) on the NZ hills Volvo - straight boom with Satco 325T? processor (Volvo also has a larger 380 model) Sany (Chinese) in Australia in logging (Randalls)