Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any opinions on Gehl excavators

barklee ยท 2009-12-28 22:32

I am thinking of buying a 1202 Gehl excavator. I like the specs and most of all the price. I have owned a few other pieces from Gehl and really liked them. I think they build a pretty good machine across the board but dont have any experience on this one. Any comments would help

Replies2
  1. #1barklee2009-12-28 23:35

    What my concern is, i think, is the resale value. I know they arent going to bring the money of a cat or deere. But you arent paying for that either. Their dealers seem to work hard for you even knowing your just a little guy, i really like that. The big dealers seem to want to just focus on the big boys and dont really go to work for you if you are on a tight budget.

  2. #2Hardline2009-12-28 23:51

    One thing you need to keep in mind is the product support and parts of machines. Can you get the support you need out of X equipment or are parts readily available for x equipment. Me being in the repair side of it I see sometimes when I get locked down from suppliers that do not have parts to service their line or can not offer any tech support.. JJ