I have been looking and looking for a machine around the size of a cat 308 and have had no luck. I am digging around building perimeters for waterproofing and structural repair so i need the offset boom. Really wanted a cat but i am unwilling to pay the premium for no more than we use it. I have been looking a gehls and kubotas. As i said in my last post the Gehls arent a real strong brand and the resale is pretty poor. My question is...is a Takeuchi a good machine for what i am doing, are they well thought of around the country, is the resale good? Also, i have a Kenworth t300 single axle will this safely pull this machine?? It has a 230 hp motor and 33000 gvw. We have a semi and lowboy but that is a pain for a day or two job to move it. Lets here everyones take
I have been on many mini exs. (several 100 hrs.)IHI, John D, Cat, Case, Tak. I was so lmpressed witk Tak I bought a tb 135 recently. So that being said I think you will be happy with Tak. Also Kubota is very highly recommended by a local utility company. The story is they bought severel of each brand, logged every expence for each machine over severel years of use, thats all they run now kubota/ a japanese product as well. As for moving it I am at a loss for I bought more machine than I can haul, but most of my work is at home for now. Best of luck.
I have a TB070 and it has been a great machine. high resale but I will probably never sell it. Seems strong for it's size. in 10 years I have had to replace the CPU for a little under $600 because it got wet. All in all I think Takeuchi is a good brand.
well, i went ahead and bought the Takeuchi! Got it bought at 5pm on the 31st, nothing like waiting till the last minute... I havent had a chance to play around with it yet. I bought it knowing that there was a scratch in the boom cylinder. It leaks a little right now, doesnt seem that deep. Can a hydraulic shop pollish that out? Or do i need to replace the ram
Congrats on the Tak. Hope it works well for ya. How many hours on the unit?
I don't think you will ever regret the Tak. I first saw the brand in use in Thailand in about '82, and then began seeing them in States I believe about 1987 along with Kubotas. Can anyone expand on the origins and dates of various entries into this market?? My first Tak skid steer (ctl) was a new TL-26 in about 1992. It was said to be out of the 2nd shipment of those machines to be landed in US. At the time, the only other closest option would have been a 753 Bobcat with OTT tracks. I think its safe to say that Takeuchi led the pack in the rubber track compact machine marketing in US. I have bought/owned 3 each of their mini-excs and TLs since 1991. Only problem is, I got old before the machines did. Rest assured you made a good choice.
The machine has 1100hrs and is a 2006 model. We demoed a used TL skid steer middle of last year and i really liked it. Almost bought it except that it had tracks. I decided since i wasnt going to be the one to run it i better buy a rubber tired machine. I didnt want to get that phone call that they had ripped the tracks off the machine!! Which i think proved to be for the better considering the fact that we rented a Deere 322 and they damaged the tracks on it.
I think my TB135 is smother and faster than any of the other minis Ive ran of the same size, also more brake out force, digs deeper and lifts higher. I think you made the right choice.
Roadrunner81, does your TB135 have the extendable stick - or, if not, was it available with the extension? I still have an earlier model TB035 with the extend-a-hoe and it still does a lot of work although I seem to recall that Takeuchi stopped offering the option somewhere along the way because folks kept over stressing them. I love it.
No extendable hoe, it does seem to have a longer stick than most mini's
What model did you get. I am on my second TB153FR. Its a really nice excavator. The side to side boom is awesome. I don't think the machine can be beat. The interior is not up to par with others but on the points that really matter (reach, breakout, versatility) it gets it done. An excavator buddy of mine also has a 153 and an older 53 model and a TB180. The 180 has been problematic. Primarily overheating issues. He says the hydrualics are not right. They (TK and the dealer) have been working on this machine trying to get it right or 18 months. Don't know its just a fluke or if there are issues with the 180.