I plow for Maine DOT with a 2010 Volvo wheeler with a dust pan, wing, and hopper spreader. Just wandering if there was anybody else on hear that plows snow.
I have plowed for SD DOT for 6 years or so. Just something to do in the winter time
I run 2 dump trucks with 11' plows and salt spreaders and also 2 IH farm tractors with 11' power angle plows for MD State Highway been with them for 15 years.
I have in the past plowed as a Town Highway employee and as a subcontractor to a Town Highway dept. I've done some commercial work as well, but have scaled back to residential work with the demise of the economy and tougher bidding specs.
I've plowed snow for 52 consecutive years now. First started with my dad ( I was the wingkid). I have three townships and 51 miles of county roads to snowplow. Trucks, graders, loaders, and pickups in the fleet.
Not me! After 19 years of commercial plowing, I called it quits two winters ago. 52 years, Grandpa? You're a glutton for punishment...
Lol,,, it went by too fast.... wish I could plow another winter with my dad.
Nope, not no more ;-) haha Pj
I do my driveway and the neighbors, more than enough for me! Spent days on a skid steer or front end loader last winter at work plowing (have about 20 miles of road, plus parking lots in front of about 40 buildings)
I used to plow in the Sea to Sky corridor, and I really enjoyed it! Most winters it was part time but I did do a few full time seasons as well...
grandpa has me buy 12 years. I have plowed with rubber and track loaders,dozers, graders, skid loaders and trucks. Shopping centers, office buildings, roads, exc.. Last 15 years at O'hare airport with large size loaders with 30' wide push blades. I usually plow in the terminals or hanger areas. Sometimes parking lots with a smaller machine. I still get excited when they call for snow, just like I did when I was 9 years old.
lol... I can predict in the next 12 years or so the excitement will dwindle.... but I hope it doesn't for you!!!
Started plowing for the township bout 10 years ago for the township running a single axle IH truck with no wing. Few years of that they got a new truck for the patrolman I got the Ford which I still run today. Much prefer to be in the grader with the Vee on and busting roads open then winging and shelfing, I run yellow iron all summer and yellow iron just feels better in the winter too, lol. I know dad talks bout back in the late 70's plowing snow with the dozers..was a late spring storm, they were out doing waterways already him and my uncle went to 10 or 12 different townships opening roads up, and never loaded up. Trbo
Gave it up a couple of years ago. Used to do a lot of commerical properties and some private driveways out in the country. Still got the Oshkosh.
2013 volvo D13 feather duster worked for the nova scotia canada dot going on 14 years now pushing snow, new 2013 volvo D13 one person plow coming this fall, they are sure having alot of trouble with this truck model, any trouble with yours? thanks.
I plowed snow on 12/24/89, we had 18", an all time record. In 2010 we had 7" which was in the top 10 greatest snowfalls ever in this county, but I didn't bother to plow, it melted in 36 hrs. So I guess this makes me an experienced snow plower for coastal South Carolina.
That's is the fleet for this year it is a 1988 ford L8000 ford diesel 10sp electric tail gate spreader and 10' plow, 1978 1086 International farm tractor with 11' power angle plow, 2007 JX 95 Case IH 10' poly power angle plow and 1995 Mack E6 350 8LL 11' plow and Hyd tailgate spreader
Nice machine. I like the ford L8000. It really looks like an L9000.