Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any place where to have fun with an excavator?

lovecraft22 · 2014-04-05 13:04

Dear all, I know this might sound like a really weird question… Basically I really like excavators but I do something totally different as a job… So, I would like to have half an hour of fun with an excavator. Do you know if there's any place that let you drive one of those just for fun? Thanks a lot

Replies12
  1. #1pondo2014-04-05 13:25

    Where you located?

  2. #2lovecraft222014-04-05 13:39

    Paris, I'm afraid…

  3. #3Colorado Digger2014-04-05 14:19

    If you love excavators you owe yourself a visit to the Liebherr factory in Colmar. You may need to call and make an appointment but it is well worth it. I know it is far away but still a good trip.

  4. #4lovecraft222014-04-05 14:22

    Thanks! I will! I don't think they will let me try one, am I wrong?

  5. #5Wolf2014-04-05 15:36

    You could get a contractor you know to rent one for a day and let you play on it. Would be fun to demo a house or dig some trenches with a track hoe for sure.

  6. #61466IH2014-04-05 15:39

    Brings up a good idea though I'm sure he isn't the only one out there that might pay per hour to run an excavator or dozer. They do it with boats and atv's I've got some ground a person could just come out and go nuts on a dozer lol Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  7. #7Wolf2014-04-05 16:27

    Do you have any machines to let people use, 1466IH? Excavator or something? Or maybe we could rent one together and just let people pay to come and play on it on your property? Are there any old structures on the property they could wreck or mostly digging and moving rocks around?

  8. #81466IH2014-04-05 16:49

    I have a few pieces of equipment. Excavator, backhoe, skid steer, dozer, high lift, and lots of farm equipment lol Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  9. #9kshansen2014-04-05 16:50

    The only thing I can see wrong with this idea is what do you do if someone gets in a dangerous position? I know the go-kart tracks have something connected to the karts that lets the workers kill the engines by remote control. I'm guessing this would be something that could be easily adapted to most machines. Could also make some minor adjustments to limit travel speeds by locking out higher gears, I know some of the newer Cats come equipped that way from factory. We had a pair of Articulated trucks here a few years back and they could be programmed by operator with a couple pushes of a button. Just need to lock that feature so someone did not override it.

  10. #10old-iron-habit2014-04-05 17:03

    Is there any antique equipment shows in your area. Most assiociations have one a year. They often have shovels and old hoes and many of the collectors are real good about letting people take a turn on it. Maybe you will find yourself with a new hobby. It is addicting.

  11. #11Buckethead2014-04-05 17:27

    http://www.diggerland.com/

  12. #12ddigger2014-04-06 12:39

    After you left the other day, I thought dangit, I should have let John wreck that one. We have some more coming up. Maybe we can make that happen.