Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What do I need??

DMC ยท 2014-04-05 21:07

I bought a jack hammer to install on one of my excavator. What I need to know is what do I need to run the hammer? What do I have to install? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2014-04-05 22:54

    Pins for starters. What excavator? plumbed with aux lines? newer units usually come with the lines and valve in place, sometimes you have to add a pedal or a switch to activate. Did you check to see if your excavator will provide enough flow to run the hammer? It's simple, but then if the machine isn't already set up for a hammer, then it's not simple at all. Cheers

  2. #2Deeretracks2014-04-06 00:44

    You will need 1-way aux plumbing and depending on the size of the hammer, you may need to make sure you are using combined flow from both pumps. If you're machine has no Aux plumbing you have some work to do.

  3. #3Firemanmike692014-04-06 01:09

    Make sure the back pressure on the return line is within spec too, too much is very hard on them

  4. #4DMC2014-04-06 07:59

    My excavator is a ex-60 and the hammer is the right size for this machine (don't have the name/number ) I bought both used, but the excavator has had something installed before because there are aux lines running from the the bucket ending at the end of the boom.I don't see any aux fitting for to connect the hoses and I don't know where you would connect it.That's my problem. I have rented a excavator a couple of years ago with a hammer and there was a switch on the floor. Where was that connected? I need a drawing or something. Thanks again.

  5. #5caterpillarmech2014-04-06 08:24

    Send us a couple pics of your machine and the end of the stick.

  6. #6DMC2014-04-06 08:32

    That may have to wait.Right now just the top of the cab is showing out of the snow.