So I bought a pretty worn out M-F 11 front loader with a rusted out 84" bucket. What if any problems will I have if I put a 94" bucket on the machine? I realize I will have to be careful not to overload it, but I will only be using it around the farm for odd jobs so I will operate accordingly. Thanks for any advice.
I do the same for bobcats small loaders etc... very handy for snow, manure, etc.... light loads put extra counterweight on the back if you can.
I have 3 skid steer buckets and swap them around as needed. The big one is great for not only snow but moving material long distances using less trips. But I won't use the big bucket to load the gravel screen or load dump trucks. I was told the first time I climbed on a loader to "keep the bucket low, especially when turning" and a few minutes operating confirmed the reason.
The extra 5" on each side of the bucket are going to be the least of your worries with a machine like that.
Gotta love rear steer I have a few myself
I didn't mean to be so harsh on the machine. MF11 just didn't inspire confidence to me. Could be a Hanomag for all I know, could work just fine for you. It seems I say an old ** wheel loader advertised as "rare, very hard to find model" and I wasn't sure if they knew how honest they were representing the machine's flaws, or if they were bragging about it? Personally if given the chance, I'd go with the Toyota Camry of wheel loaders, or anything, and that would be a Cat 950. I'm just making fun of that add, yours should work great for odd jobs around the farm. I'm certainly not afraid of oddball machines, and don't own any 950 either. The bucket won't make any difference at all.
Guys, thank you for the replies. Hey Delmer, I actually thought your first post was kinda funny. It is a bid of an oddball machine. I think it might just be the ugliest loader ever made. It was kind of an impulse buy. But it's a pretty straight unit, everything on it works, and I only paid $2,200 for it. I just bought this bucket for it for $150: https://bidcal.hibid.com/catalog/172730/day-3---2019-september-public-auction/?cpage=7&ipp=100 It needs new rear (steering) tires on it also. I think once I get the bucket and tires changed I may try and sell it, I really need at least a four wheel drive if not a track loader. If I can figure out how I will put up some pictures of the machine once it's got its new bits and pieces. Thanks again everyone who chimed in.
MF11 is a Massey Ferguson and not a Hanomag. Had the instant reverse transmission. Domino in Australia made a version of an MF11 with an MF50 engine and transaxle. MF11 weighs 14,500lbs. and has 10,000lb breakout force and rated 4000lb operating capacity. Lift capacity to full height is 6200lbs. It is a heavy built machine. Buckets were 1yd or1.33yd standard with optional 2yd. light materials bucket.
Nice thing about wide buckets is you don’t ride over wind owls when pushing or grading
that might be a little too wide of a bucket? or if you got the other one, that will work too, either one looks awfully nice for $150