The teeth on my Deere 310L backhoe rear bucket are looking kind of worn, especially on the outside teeth. They are the flat kind, which came with the bucket. What is the functional difference between flat and regular, and is there a brand or supplier I should seek out? And do I need a special tool to drive the pins out? Thanks
I put single point tiger teeth on my New Holland. They work great for digging stumps and ripping roots.
What type of soil do you mostly dig? That determines the best teeth to use. For price Black Cat are pretty reasonable, at least in Canada. Single tiger teeth will wear fast in abrasive soils.
Rocky Sandy soil. Really rocky.
I think what they call a star tooth could be a good option. They're kind of a cross between a regular tooth and a single tiger tooth but not as narrow and don't taper to a long narrow point.
Also depends on what kind of shank you have. That was the problem I had a few months ago when I lost a pin. Everyone here helped and got me on the right track.