Looking at a very low hour TL220 and was hoping someone has some experience with them. Will be using for personal use around a small farm, light brush and tree clearing, grading and the like. At 50 something hp is this machine capable for such work? Any known problems or performance issues? Thanks for your help!
The thing to remember is its only 50hp. The spec sheets are online, at the takeuchi website. Its a smaller machine, so you have to really consider what you are doing with it now, and later on. If you are moving bales or pallets of things, consider the weight you are moving. Tipping load is 3500lbs on this machine, making the rated operating load around 1750lbs. It sounds like you are not going to be working this machine every day, or very hard, so it will probably suit your needs. Takeuchi has always made a good quality machine, and probably one of the best tracked skid steers. If you are worried about the machines condition, you could always just take some oil samples.
I'm sure the lifting capacity would be an issue at times, but looking more at the pushing capabilities, removing brush, medium duty grading and removing small pine trees. I have a Kubota L5740 4x4 tractor and it is just not practical with it. I am using this machine for personal use so if things take me a few minute more to accomplish, not big deal. Does it sound like this machine accomplish these tasks?
I don't know anything about a 50hp Tacheuchi but I have a 100 HP ASV. It does a lot but it's not much on pushing over trees. I'd rent one for a day and see first hand what it will do
I've operated a 220 and it is very pitchy. Remember that it has a very short track base on the ground. This seemed to give it a rougher ride and limited the traction to a point that it just really seem like one of its bigger brothers.