hello guys , I'm new here. I've got a takeuchi tl130 in my shop and I need an engine or parts. 2007 model machine with a 4 valve head 4tnv98 ytbl. long story short, it was run out of oil and locked up, not enough useable parts to make a rebuild worthwhile, so started shopping for new engines or cores for parts, no luck for a solution thad made financial sense. Well the customer found guy said he had a low hour used engine on a generator that was just what we needed. ok great! he sent the money , well 2 weeks later the guy calls, his engine turns out to have a problem, but he'll rebuild it for the same price so don't worry. but it may be a week or two. now I've been a diesel tech and ag/ light industrial mechanic for over 20 years but I don't have much yanmar experience. I turned over responsibility for parts procurement to the customer. ( because he didnt want to go with a new engine. which was about all I could come up with at the time.) well, this guy were dealing with is online with a good record, or lack of a bad one, so we hang in there since the price was right.($3300.00) shipped . after we send him some parts and pieces of our engine , 4 months later it arrives and its a 2003 2 valve head 4tne with our 4tnv injection pump and lines on it and the injection lines bent up to hook to the different injector locaion of the 4tne. ( he said his engine came off a generator was why he needed our pump,ect.) well this whole engine is different. about only thing the same its the block crank and rods, the 4tnv we started with is a tier 2 emisions engine. the engine he sent may be just as good or better but it can work right with the wrong inj. pump on it. so now we go a mess. he says he'll take it back since he can sell it for more then he sold it to us since its rebuilt now. I ask what about the con. rod, cam , lifter, ect. we sent him so he could get this together ? no real answer there , he says to put it in and run it , "it sounded fine when he cranked it on the pallet" when he cranked it for a second before he shipped it ! I know this whole deal sounds crazy and I am as much to blame as my customer who found this guy since I smelled a rat early on..... sorry, now. anyone know of a salvage yard for these things I might try. need to start over here and need either the correct engine for this machine, (preferred) or the right pump and lines to make the 4tne we have complete since apparently earlier machines used this engine. or any combination ,as long as it results with this guys machine running right and not pieced together out of junk.any help would be appreciated. thanks guys !
sorry that post kind of rambled on, my main concern aside from the hack job assembly is that this thing wont perform with a mis-matched fuel system and the machine wont be worth anything if he wants to sell it with a junkyard engine swap. I know we may be getting what we derserve for trying to save money but I've bought penty of low hour takeout engines. never had a deal like this.
Wow. Sounds like you got a Frankenstein of a engine. I don't know that it will work with those miss-matched parts. That yanmar engine was used in a lot of machines, so you may be able to find a better deal somewhere else.
Your in a bad place on this for sure...No eal good advise but wanted to wish you well on a happy ending to the nightmare... I learned long ago to run and not walk away from shady dealing...Expensive lessons to learn for sure...
thanks guys, yes its unbelievable. just because it'll fit and runs on the pallet doesn't make it right , sadly we couldn't come to acceptable terms to send this incorrect engine back, guy wanted us to pay the freight to get it here, and a healthy restocking fee, since none of this was our fault,not to mention how long he had us tied up . we decided to keep the engine instead, hopefully its as good as he said and we can sell it to someone it will work for. there's just no figuring out some peoples logic. we did finally work out a deal that's got my customer somewhat satisfied though so all's well. we cant use this engine for what we bought it for, but the seller agreed to send all the parts he took off to try and make it work for our app. so we'll have a complete running yanmar 4tne for sale , if anyone needs one , just looking to get our money back on this deal. after a bunch of calls and research, I guess were going to go with a new engine. not much out there on these !
Need an injector pump for a takeuchi tl130 can you help?
I've got an extra injection pump. We wound up going with a new engine so I've also got s complete engine for an earlier tl130. As well as all the parts to our original motor except crank and block were bad. There's a few different injection pumps and engines ,what engine do you have?
Uploaded a couple of pictures of the tag off the engine.
i think that's the same engine we have. So I think this pump will work. Give me a call. 903-815-3129
still have a 4tne 98 longblock I'd like to get out of the way. I've sold a few parts but still have some left over from the 4tnv engine. the machine has been running like new , owner was glad he went with a new engine. if we could sell this one we bought that didnt match up that would be great.all he's looking to do is get back close to square one on money , I can make someone a heck of a deal on this engine. ! thanks guys.