Sorry for posting dumb questions, but I am a newbie with a backhoe. I have a 1986 JCB 1400. I am working on digging for an addition to the house. Was hoping to get most of it complete this weekend but just got a significant leak. One of the hoses to the left/right swing for the backhoe is peeing fluid pretty good. My question is, is there any way to bypass the backhoe hydros so I can use the loader to move a bunch of dirt and at least get something accomplished this weekend? Or do I just have to accomplish some other task until I can get a new hose made on Monday? Also, this is my first time needing to remove hose, take it and get a new one made, and install new hose. Any suggestions/tips/hints would be very appreciated, like what positions should backhoe and loader be in, what steps need to be taken once new hose is installed(bleeding etc), how to keep fluid loss to a minimum during replacement, etc, etc. And to all familiar with JCB, anything special I need to tell the hose builders? i understand the fittings are probably metric/foreign.
I suggest you try this. They are a 24 HR/Day repair service and make and install the hose on site. http://www.pirtekusa.com/
Thanks for the suggestion. They are 100 miles away. This is not an emergency and not a for profit job, so I can wait til monday for the repair, I was just wondering if there was any other way to run it like it is, without throwing money away in the form of fluid.
Try Carquest or NAPA auto parts stores, that is where I get all my hoses.