Or am i the only one on this site?
I have been involved with a few women with light mustaches, and have some cows, but no bearded ladies.
I eat buffalo almost every day,get a 1/2 delivered twice a year. Does that count?
People like you are the reason we bison producers exist.keep up the good eating:drinkup
Now I thought the likes of buffalo Biil and co made them extinct..................................
It came close but not quite,they must've forgot a few.
Haven't even seen bearded lady's but I love animals. On the bar-b-que. But I have seen quite a few beared clams. (C'mon, somebody had to say it...)
Nice looks like you have a great place to them to roam. I have had Buffalo burgers, thought it was mighty good, even though they were over cooked to my liking. Nice pictures thanks for sharing.
wow, those look like they need more than our 35 acres. good eating and healthier than moo-cow.
I just had to click on this thread to see what a bearded lady was; hey I wasn't sure. Here in PA, there are some farms that are raising them.
First thing that came to mind was a turkey ,then I remember only toms [ but sometimes hen ] sport beards.
Uhhhhh if they are all bearded ladies..........how do they reproduce? You see, it usually takes a male and a female..............each one doing their own part. I can draw a picture but I don't think.................they are nice looking ladies. Now wait just a minute............one of those pictures has a couple of "ladies with a bit of hair indicating it might just be an "imposter lady." Maybe a Don't Ask Don't Tell policy is needed here.......... I'm thinking that might just be a dude bearded lady. It seems this whole non gender culture we live in has gotten to the Bison too! It used to be we could be Men, now "they" want us to just be males.......please don't let it happen to the Bison!
Interesting to see. You seem to be the only one with the bearded ladies but gotta say I'm a little jealous.
Cool looking animals, always liked the looks of them.
I got one that's shifting color,started last august with the ears. this is what she looks today.:beatsme
Anybody else have bearded lady's Or am i the only one on this site? Yeah,,, I got a mother-in-law ......
I have never been a fan of "bearded ladies". I much prefer the trimmed lady which indicates self awareness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:notworthy
Back in the day, after a 12 pack ............. Looks like a lot of the "bearded ladies" farms around here are going out of business. I allways wanted to have some just don't have the land.
Why is she changing color ? Is that common ?
No, it highly unusual.I think this one is the only one ever known to have done that.
I have seen a few at the Wal-Mart, does that count?? Get's interesting around 1 o'clock in the morning, just sayin'.:cool2
Saw one in SanAntonio last week with a full fuzzy caterpillar on her upper lip! Some one should let her know it is there!
Hi. Whats buffalo taste like? Just curious...
Isn't it about time you find out, go to "Monatana grill" restaurant and order a ribeye steak. Plenty other places that have it on the menu too.
Buffalo is a little different than beef. The ones my uncle had tasted sweeter than beef. Buffalo is real lean as well.
Charles Bronson and the white buffalo ??????
Pretty Cool!
We had some family friends when I was growing up that had a "Beefalo" farm. I don't remember what breed the cows were but he had two gnarly old buffalo bulls in the pen down at the barn. I do remember the meat being absolutely awesome whenever we went to dinner over at their house. When the father died the son didn't want to keep farming so they sold off the stock and started renting the land out to some of the neighboring farms. Its a shame too man that meat was good.
Bison, I have been looking and reading about getting into Bison Production, What is the market like? I want to learn as much as I can, from fencing needs to market. Any information you can send this way would be great.
Btree, If you want to get into raising bison now is the time to do it, Bison are here to stay. The demand is at an all time high but there are not enough producers as a whole pile of them went belly up or left the industry after BSE devastated the cattle and bison industry in 2002. The bison market has been great for the last few years and it looks like it will stay that way for some time to come, the cattle market is high as well but that will turn turtle again before to long. Bison cows are at the moment priced right at $ 1350 to $1800(meat price really) as there is a slow market for them right now.( not enough producers) Meat bulls and heifers are between $4.50 and $4.30 cnd HHW. Best of all is the low cost and labor requirement with bison,..You can't go wrong with them. The best info about all the ins and outs incl disease control ,handling, fencing and feed requirement and what it takes is to raise bison can be had in detail by the respective Canadian and North American bison associations. They'll be glad to help you out. Also talk to and visit as many Bison producers in your area as you can as there are many different ways to skin that cat so to speak. Hope this helps and Good luck
One question , where can order a few bison ribeyes and have them shipped to me. We don't have it in any markets around here that I know of. I'm ready to give it a try. We do have guys raising the ASH free beef , raised on grass , they say the new thing is no corn as the cow can't digest it anyway. Its is as good of beef as I have ever had locally farm raised.
Seeing that you are in Georgia and i am in Northern Canada i have no idea where the best place is to get grass fed bison meat in the US as most commercial bison feedlots finish on grain I don't know how far it is from you but you cant try this outfit http://www.buffalogal.com/Bison-Steaks-C8.aspx
Try this company, Wild Idea- http://wildideabuffalo.com/ Read the book about it and I like the method used to harvest the animals.
I checked out both sites , prices are comparable. I guess the quality is similar. I showed this to my wife and she was like at the prices. I pay the grocery bill , and don't know when she turned into Dave Ramsey anyway. The grass fed beef here is 13$ a pound , so I don't see a lot of difference. My question is , I like the grass feed beef ribeye and Tbone , would the same cut suit me in the bison? My guess would be yes but I'd like to here from the experienced ones. Also my wife said what if we don't like it , I think it would be fine , similar to beef only better , but you know how some people are , when its in they're head that they don't like it you can't make them like it no matter how good it is.
There is only one way to find out and that is to try it. Is there a Montana Grill restaurant in your neighborhood??,..I believe they serve only bison meat.
Bison , I'm game as well as my son. We used to have producers here in central Kentucky back in the late 80s but it never took off. I believe with all the natural health craze stuff going on now it looks to be a good venture. As far as the health craze , I wish people would focus more on natural meats like bison , grass feed beef etc , than eating pills and drinking 25 different vegetables ground into a smoothie of some sort. The one web site had 4 ribeyes for about 50$ , I believe that's a good place to start.
bearded lady's I am jealous I love bison wish I could eat it everyday, I wouldn't be so fat. How many acres you need to raise say 10? are they different from cattle raising?
Depends on land productivity,..good dirt 1 acre/head , marginal dirt 10 acre/head,...bad dirt 40 acre/head. Raising bison is similar to beef but requires only 10% of the work.
Glad to see youre still around. I have a freezer to fill, you selling any?
Not right now, they're out on grass, unless you wanna come and kill one in the field,gut and skin and take em home in quarters. I will have plenty come fall.