Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Drainage Tile Shortage

clansing1 ยท 2010-11-07 23:14

I am located in Iowa and the weather has been very good, crop prices high, and the drainage tile suppliers must have cut back on inventories because of the economy. The result is a severe shortage in drainage tile. Does anyone have a surplus or know where I can get some? Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1Bumpsteer2010-11-16 14:35

    These guys have a plant near me....you might give them a call. http://www.ads-pipe.com/en/index.asp Ed

  2. #2jrtraderny2010-11-16 19:51

    Try these guys, I use a crap load of their pipe and really like it. http://www.baughmantile.com/index.htm jr

  3. #3EGS2010-11-17 10:51

    I asked some guys around here and they all said there is a huge drain tile shortage. They said the best thing is to just keep calling around.

  4. #4Randy882010-12-03 07:27

    It looks to me that there's a large demand for tile making by independents if they wanted to start up, everyone is ticked off at their supplier no matter who they are or where they are or what size they are for a customer. I spent way more time and effort finding what I did find than ever putting it in the ground this fall. Long about february you'll probably have some somewhere you can get ahold of but I wouldn't hold my breath of that either.