Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody got a JD 644c trans dipstick?

foxalaska ยท 2012-08-19 23:53

I just put a new recon transmission in a loader that was in pieces in the bone yard. John Deere calls for 39 quarts of oil capacity. Five gallons brings the level an inch or so above the full mark. I'm thinking some smuck mixed up the sticks between the old 850 dozer and the loader. The dozer is gone, but I remember the stick looking short. Would explain the loader losing two transmissions in two years. My stick measures 52 inches from the bottom of the cap to the end. It seems to be about 8 inches to long. If I can get the actual length, I'll shorten this one. Don't want to void the warranty because of something as stupid as a dipstick.

Replies1
  1. #1dirtpig2012-09-23 16:36

    dipstick length Hot is 47.t-49inches. Cold is 49-50.5 inches. Remember to check the tranny while machine is running