Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Want to buy wheel loader

Burns-Tractor ยท 2012-08-21 18:36

I am looking into buying a older wheel loader, I'm thinking of something around 1960's?. I need something cheaper, I can spend around $1500 to $2000 depending on condition. What would be a good loader to go with? I am located in Burns, KS. I am thinking about something like a Hough or something like that? i don't want anything to big, mainly i need to lift a minimum of 3000lbs. Any info would be great thanks for any help

Replies7
  1. #1DMoline2012-08-22 01:43

    Pretty low budget IMHO. I would like to find a wheel loader tire for that price (23.5x25 L3)

  2. #2Burns-Tractor2012-08-22 08:46

    There are some cheap loaders out there, these here sold for $700 to $1550

  3. #3Mike Van2012-08-23 06:04

    Scrap steel here is .10/lb, at 15000 lbs, theres 1500.00 To get one running and working at that price would be pretty tough. 18 months ago, I was looking, wound up with a decent rear steer Trojan for just under 4000.00 - Lot of junk out there, most were over four thou, and needed a lot of work. Mines mostly sawmill work, if you started loading trucks in a pit all day, you'd probably kill these 50 year olds. The older ones are easy to work on, having no computer chips, etc. Keep searching craigslist, even ebay, TRY IT before you buy it. The upper pic has the old 'suicide' loader arms, they go up & down past the cab, you have to climb over them to get in & out. I looked at two old Michigans like that, I didn't care for it. Let us know how the search goes -

  4. #4greggn2012-08-23 08:08

    We had a Michigan 75 similar to the top photo and we just called it " The antique"

  5. #5madisonmiller2012-08-29 04:04

    www.contractorshotline.com/Want_to_buy/WTB_main.cfm will best help you finding your requirements.

  6. #6Burns-Tractor2012-08-29 11:26

    Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking, i haven't found anything yet, i haven't even found the right kind of loader non the less one that is close enough. I know scrap is high but sometimes you can get them cheaper on a online auction. Thanks

  7. #7guangzhong6662012-08-30 11:56

    too low. budget price. dear.