Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody have a Snapon KRA62D Road Chest?

RLU_tech ยท 2017-02-08 21:53

I am looking to get a nice heavy duty road chest setup. Seems as a lot of people have the Snapon KRA62D road chest. They must have been around for many years, and everyone says there is no chest that is built heavier. I figured there would be a few guys on here that may have them. I'd like to get some more reviews on them and some pics in a heavy equipment field service environment.

Replies16
  1. #1shopboy78792017-02-08 22:02

    I have a snap on I bought used cheap for home use. The last guy beat the crap out of it, the lid is hard to get locked. I have been looking heavily into the Montezuma 36" crossover. I like the setup it has and the price is right also.

  2. #2RLU_tech2017-02-08 22:10

    Are you looking to get rid of the snap-on? I see you're in Wisconsin. I don't always go on the road, so if it's beat up a bit that's fine.

  3. #3shopboy78792017-02-08 22:45

    No I'm not. I bought it for home use

  4. #4RLU_tech2017-02-08 22:46

    Okay thanks.

  5. #5hvy 1ton2017-02-09 00:31

    I have a 36" Montezuma box and love it. Having worked out of a service truck with a cabinet full of drawers, I prefer my montezuma box most of the time. I spend less time digging for wrenches and i'm better about putting stuff back.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2017-02-09 05:46

    I haven't checked your specific area, but Craigs list has 100.s of used snap on boxes.. Slightly used, no tax and the seller will usually haggle on the price. Just a thought.

  7. #7RLU_tech2017-02-09 07:39

    Yea, I've been checking Craigslist. Found one close by that only has a few dents in the back. The guy is firm on his price for it. $950.00 w/ Snapon cover.

  8. #8mikebramel2017-02-09 07:59

    I would buy an American eagle box, they will make it to what you want. Bought mine through Cherokee Equipment

  9. #9gtermini2017-02-09 11:25

    You might look at the Williams road chests. It's snap on industrial, but I heard they're made in Canada by SPG. A used snappy box at $6-800 would be my priority, if you can find one. http://www.toolsdelivered.com/Road-Boxes_c_2970.html Greyson

  10. #10auen12017-02-09 16:23

    Is this the one you have? Pretty sweet box

  11. #11hvy 1ton2017-02-09 17:00

    Yep, that's what i have. Picture makes me feel like i need more screwdrivers.

  12. #12WCR732017-02-10 22:30

    I recently bought a KRA6200 road box which is a newer version of the 62. It's sweet. I originally ordered a brand new KRA6210 which has a better door setup than the 6200. But Snap-On took way too long so I found mine used on CL. I work for a utility company and they order our service trucks without any drawers... yea I know. So I just ended up mounting my box in the back of the truck, works well for me. I'll see if I can't upload some pictures

  13. #13WCR732017-02-10 22:37

    Hopefully these show up. It's big enough that it fit almost all of my hand tools from my big snap on roll box, and the rest went in the truck compartments.

  14. #14RLU_tech2017-02-10 22:57

    That looks like a real nice box. I understand if you don't want to share what you paid, but I am curious...

  15. #15WCR732017-02-10 23:16

    New they are about $2300. I bought this one used for about $1250. But it's worth it in my eyes. whole thing is warrantied. I wish I would have waited for the 6210 to be built because the lid would have been a better setup for me. But this one works great.

  16. #16pburress2017-02-16 19:16

    X's 2 or c tech makes some nice boxes too