Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody here running a new 870D or 855D?

Hallback ยท 2018-08-19 20:27

I'm curious on the issues but either one of them may be having. I'm looking at a new 855 Harvester.

Replies9
  1. #1robmcallan2018-08-26 19:04

    we have 5 855D and the only problem we have come across is the DEF systems. but other then that they have proven to be a very good machine. they still are pretty new to us I think the highest hours so far is 4000 and no other issues besides DEF issue. also with the fiat engine have noticed fuel consumption has gone down over the cummins in the 855C. there are guys that have been able to delete the DEF systems and produced a very reliable machine

  2. #2Hallback2018-08-26 20:03

    That's great to hear! I have an E series that delivers Tuesday. Where are you guys located?

  3. #3Plebeian2018-08-28 17:01

    LX870D with quadco for operators who prefer to avoid saw bars and sharpening chains (and 558 with southstar qs605)

  4. #4robmcallan2018-08-29 21:30

    we are located in the Cowichan valley on Vancouver island. how did the delivery go with the new machine everything go smooth

  5. #5Hallback2018-08-29 21:31

    It went really well. No leaks, everything works as it should except the 24-12v converter died. No biggy.

  6. #6robmcallan2018-08-29 21:34

    oh nice

  7. #7Hallback2018-08-29 21:45

    It really is a well thought out machine. I wish it had a heel rack but it's fine.

  8. #8robmcallan2018-08-29 21:55

    ya im a big fan on how it opens up and most things are pretty easily accessible for the mechanic side of things.

  9. #9Hallback2018-08-29 21:58

    It is light years ahead of the 855C I ran in 2012. I will put it thru it's paces Friday for sure.