Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody know how to get CT332 track motor parts?

BlackbeardMX ยท 2009-06-06 08:57

My CT332 went down 2 weeks ago. '07 model with 1100 hrs. I just need a few parts to repair the right side track motor, but I cant get just the parts. I can only get the whole final drive/parking brake/track motor assembly. My dealer lowered the price quite a bit, but I'm concerned about the other side having the same problem. If I could get parts, I could do some preventive maintenence. There are 8 rollers that lost their hardfacing and chewed everything up. Its a single speed motor manufactured by Rexroth/Bosch. I have alreay talked to Bosch directly. They say John Deere proprietary. It's a shame that I have to buy a $4000 dollar assembly because of a couple 10 dollar rollers were defective. Any suggestions?

Replies26
  1. #1MXZ2009-06-06 09:15

    I'd skip the parts counter and go directly to the service manager. They have avenues to get help from Deere for premature major component failures from what I have heard in some cases. How far out of warranty are you?

  2. #2BlackbeardMX2009-06-06 10:57

    Been there. I just made my third payment on this machine, so my salesman was my first call. He got the service manager involved too. Maybe I'll call him back and tell him what you said. Theres gotta be a better way. Track motors failing at 1100 hrs shouldn't be considered normal. This machine had a 12 month warranty when purchased new, so I'm over that.

  3. #3AtlasRob2009-06-06 11:21

    There is a member on here by the handle Finaldrive. Try dropping him a PM. If he cant help, I bet he knows a man who can. :drinkup

  4. #4Deereman2009-06-17 19:15

    BlackbeardMX, what did you ever come up with. Interested to see??

  5. #5BlackbeardMX2009-06-18 08:13

    I had to get the whole assembly. They came down to $3450 on the price . I haven't heard back from finaldrive. I sent him all the numbers. Maybe the other side will be OK.

  6. #6Construct'O2009-06-18 09:42

    Did you have to turn your old final in for a core? Which i'm guessing you did. If not try to get parts and rebuild it for a spare. If it was just bearings and seals you needed i use to get them through US Standard bearing. If you had all the numbers i would think someone should have them:beatsme What was the final doing when it went out,noise ,iron filing or ??????:usa

  7. #7BlackbeardMX2009-06-22 08:29

    I got to keep the old parts. It wasn't the final drive that had the problem. It was the hydraulic motor. The rollers came apart. Unobtanium.

  8. #8TheDirtGirl2012-04-04 00:39

    I found all the parts to rebuild my CT332 Track drive motor It was a mission. John Deere gave me the same run around that Case also gives their customers. No parts only a new track drive motor for $4,700. Yep 2 bearings 1 race and a seal but instead $4,700 for a new motor. I found all the parts for $700 and I also have the complete mechanical for the track motor which I have been told is also on the Case track machine. Took me 2 weeks to get everything together but now I know for the next time I have to rebuild a track motor. John Deere never negotioated with motor mfg. for OEM service parts so that leaves us customers out in the cold.

  9. #9MXZ2012-04-05 14:03

    FYI "TheDirtGirl": D-series Deere's are rebuildable and offer service parts since 2010. Sucks on the older machines but issue has been addressed by Deere.

  10. #10BlackbeardMX2012-04-08 09:58

    Where? I must know.

  11. #11TheDirtGirl2012-04-08 10:56

    The "issue" has not been addresses been addressed by John Deere. They are still telling customers that the final drive is not rebuildable to cover their ass

  12. #12buckfever2012-04-08 19:39

    Dirtgirl where did you get your parts? I'v got a busted drive motor sitting in the back of our shop. We ended up buying a new motor from down south but would like to rebuild the one we have for future breakdowns. Also how many hours do you have on your machine and have you had any other problems? We've had a few to say the least.

  13. #13TheDirtGirl2012-04-08 22:24

    My butt has been in a John Deere seat for 30 years and this CT332 will be the last one. If it wasn't paid for I'd give it back to John Deere like many others have. It is junk, 6 evaporators, 2 alternators, 2 starters, $1,200 in hydrolic hoses in the past 12 months, you can plan on $100 a month for hoses, window tracks fall apart, shocks for cab to raise shot. I have 2,600 one owner operator hurs on it. The best part is the track drive motor is all rebuilt and back on and the left track is still locking up so I guess there is more than 1 problem . Doesn't surprise me that junkey thing. And of course John Deere has just been so helpfull. NOT. They could diagnosis it for $350 and then wanted $120 an hour to lie to me and put a new track motor on it. Oh that was after it sat on their lot for 7 days. E mail me [email protected] and I will give you the Rexroth guy who can give you the info on your motor. Then when Rexroth rips your head off for $2,800 in parts that you can't get them for 5 weeks I can get them for 1/2 the cost in 5 days. Don't want to put other people phone numbers and email out where everyone can get it. The spam calls could drive a person nuts.

  14. #14digger242j2012-04-09 06:15

    That's why we made it against the rules anyway. You have good instincts. If you should have second thoughts about having your own email available where bots can harvest it, PM me amd I can edit it out for you.

  15. #15kdtreeworks2012-07-19 20:18

    i also have a ct332 w/foot controls..single speed ....the left side locked up to day....and i put a final drive on the right side last year....need sum help, numbers for parts to re-bulid this....im running out of money and just a small company like us cant take this big of a hit!...thank you for your help

  16. #16qualityturf2013-01-15 20:34

    could you please send me information on where to get parts for john deere ct 332 final drive rebuild parts. Thanks for any help [email protected]

  17. #17TheDirtGirl2013-05-15 17:48

    Track drive motor again Now we are into the hydraulic side. Dealing with Rexroth and John Deere again is awefull. Good news the John Deere motor is now down to $3,600. Can't find the one part needed to put it together still waiting to get availablity for Rexroth. 2 days now. Gotta love it. The new machine will not have anything from Rexroth Bosch.

  18. #18deerejet2015-05-13 12:50

    Hello dirtgirl, I have a ct332 with the track drive destroyed on the left side of the machine . Can you please help me with parts as I have mine is totally destroyed . Thanks jet

  19. #19deerejet2015-05-13 12:53

    I own a ct332 with high flow and I just blew out the left side of the track drive and the dealer wants $3,577.43 for the whole assembly (I need it cause it is totally destroyed ) but would like to know about individual parts as well thanks Jet

  20. #20Shortone2015-05-27 14:59

    Call stoens in glen wood mn the rebuilt my ct332 both track drives and all the pumps I have had very good luck with them.

  21. #21hemislim2016-04-14 20:37

    The dirt girl. Can you please get me intouch with your rexroth guy.

  22. #22DIYDAVE2016-04-14 21:33

    You might want to try Chet, @ Hydraulic Power, Stemmers run Rd, Brawltimore, MD. If you can ship him a unit, chances are he can find a replacement, he's got that much experience. I had similar problems, with an ASV track drive motor, this year. $2500 at dealer, $1079 from him. Knows his ****...

  23. #23hemislim2016-04-15 08:40

    Hey thanks a bundle diy dave

  24. #24ibhurln2017-04-05 20:41

    did any of you guys have any luck finding part numbers for the drive motor parts? ive got one down now as well.

  25. #25Tones2017-04-06 00:05

    Dirtgirl, what is failing in the drive motors?

  26. #26ibhurln2017-06-09 10:34

    do any of you guys have the rexroth/bosch part number from the data plate on the ct332 drive motor? mine has long been gone, trying to find parts. the deere pn is AT308348, single speed. thanks!