Hi all, Does anyone have available install instruction for installing a stereo (this one happens to be a sony brand) into the Cat radio ready cabs. Even a short description of how to do it would be great. Thanks, Richard
I believe Cat makes a universal plug for the radio. Pretty much a whip that you connect you deck to and plug it into the machine's harness/plug. I believe I still have one.
The plug that came with my 279c doesn't fit the sony, maybe it is for a clarion stereo. That isn't such a big deal as I can rewire that but I can't figure out or find a socket to plug it into onto the cats harness. I have lifted the cab and looked behind the radio position and nothing screams "Plug it in here"...:beatsme
congrats on the 279C. That was my favorite out of all the new CTL's, very well balanced machine. good luck with the radio
i have a 277b and i was thinking about putting a radio in it if possible. could anyone give me an idea how to do it.
Have a Sony in my new CAT 289.. Works great.. Rush is heard loud and clear!
if you could tell me how you mounted and where did you get the radio thanks
I just installed a Jenson heavy duty in my 277b I mounted it on the panel on the left side toward the rear of it. Works great. google Jenson JHD 910
You should find a plug with the wiring as follows; 509 White. Speaker left common. 508 Purple. Speaker left. 512 Green. Speaker right common. 511 Brown. Speaker right. 200 Black. Ground. 122 Red. 12v +ve unswitched. It gets a little weird now on the schematic I'm looking at. Your one remaining wire is, according to the schematic, a 191 White, but 191 White should be for the air seat suspension. I'm thinking it's a misprint on the schematic. What you should actually have is a 129 Blue. This will be your 12v +ve switched feed. Check out the wiring to the plug and if you have a 129 Blue then all is good with the world and the sun will rise again tomorrow. If you have a 191 White then Cat have made a mistake somewhere and you'll have to probe it with a meter to see if and when it becomes live. Brabe. Your machine isn't pre-wired for a radio. You'll have to pick up a switched and unswitched feed from maybe the ignition switch. Don't forget to fit fuses.
:thumbsup:yup The Clarion and the speakers plug straight in.
Thanks for this info. I have just done the install into my 277C. Not as straightforward as it should have been, but your wiring numbers helped immensely. I also had a 191 white and this was the switched 12v.
If anyone does this install, but 5" speakers not 4". There are holes in the hood lining pre cut for a 5" speaker and then just covered over with the hood lining fabric. Once you cut the fabric all will be revealed.
Is this true of all CAT? I have a 257D. I can't find 5" speakers anywhere. 6.5" no problem, but not 5".
Did you try a Google search?
I tried an amazon search and got nothing. Then I went to google and it surfaced 5.25" which I assume what the hole actually is. Now I'm trying to find the adapter (there are dozens on cat's website) that goes from the plug in there to bare wires that you can hook to whatever unit you want to put in. Anyone know the part #?