Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody know where to locate old Volvo parts?

aqnhfd · 2023-10-20 20:13

We have searched and searched for months now. I am in need of a stepping motor for a 2000 Volvo EC150, Cummins motor, I believe other Volvo models and Samsungs used the same one. We've contacted Volvo and Samsung, they do not produce nor have in stock ANYWHERE this part. I've contacted all the local junk yards, mom and pop dealers, old time excavation companies, etc, etc, with no hope. I am posting here somebody has a junk machine sitting out back we can get this off of. The only ones I can find online claim they're correct, but they only have 1 harness, ours has 2 on it. We are located in Old Lyme, Connecticut. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1OzDozer2023-10-20 21:24

    Fortunately, the Chinese often make a lot of stuff that the West no longer produces. You can acquire a stepping motor from the website below, and you can even get it sent via a range of air freight agencies. 14529290 Throttle Stepping Motor for Volvo EC140 EC210 EC290 Part Name: Throttle Step Motor. Part Number: 14529290. Application: Volvo EC140, EC150, EC210, EC240, EC290, EC360, EC460, EW130, EW170, EW170. Country of Origin: China. Delivery Time: 3-7 days. Prepare Time: 2~3 days. Condition: Aftermarket, brand new. Warranty: 6 months. Supplier: SINOCMP... sinocmp.com EDIT: I just noticed the unit I linked to has 1 harness. When you say "2 harnesses", how many wires in those 2 harnesses? Does your unit have extra wiring for some reason? Or is the input wiring the same number of wires, just split into 2 harnesses?

  2. #2aqnhfd2023-10-21 09:23

    Yeah we actually have that one you listed sitting on a shelf because we gave it a shot anyway. Our correct unit that came off the machine that’s dead, has one harness coming off of the top of the motor same as this one pictured online, and also has a harness coming out of the bottom half of it.

  3. #3funwithfuel2023-10-21 14:33

    The dealers will liquidate OP and NOS to a source known as Lipperts. Funny thing, they only sell back to dealers. Ask your counterman to reach out to them to see if they have one.if that source is exhausted, youmay have to get creative. Does the throttle cable no longer work?

  4. #4funwithfuel2023-10-21 14:34

    Have you gone through the initial settings to establish idle? Often, getting started is all it needs.

  5. #5imjustdave2023-10-22 18:19

    Part #, photo ETC would help. What does the stepping motor do? thinking you can come up with something else if the factor part is ounobtainable

  6. #6OzDozer2023-10-22 19:24

    There's a Turkish company named Voma, who supply a lot of Volvo parts, including electrical components. I have used aftermarket products from Turkey and found them to be satisfactory. They don't show stepper motors on their website, but it just could be worth an email to find out if they can supply the specific stepper motor you're looking for. Home | VomaParts Volvo Construction Equipment Aftermarket Replacement Spare Parts www.vomaparts.com

  7. #7imjustdave2023-10-23 18:42

    Is the stepper motor on the Engine? IF so have you called Cummins?

  8. #8c_wood942023-10-25 10:33

    do you have a part # I may know a guy