Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody print your own Driver Daily Log Book?

RenoHuskerDu ยท 2022-05-04 15:37

DOT Driver Daily Log Books are $6.50 now, 31 entries with carbonless copies. I only run my dump truck local, to the quarries and job sites. TX DMV says I don't need full logging or that onboard digital crapola. I don't think I even need copies. I only have to keep the record a week, it says right on the form. Darned if I'll pay good money for useless gubbmint busywork. Anybody print their own? I found this site but it still looks like more than I need to log. https://templatelab.com/drivers-daily-log/ I only log the following. The one time I got checked, the Trooper didn't even look at my log book. . start and end miles . date . license numbers . begin and end location (always my home) . signature

Replies8
  1. #1scottwolowich2022-05-04 15:44

    do it on your cell phone get an app like keeptruckin', free and no paper

  2. #2RenoHuskerDu2022-05-04 15:47

    Those require Goolag and location turned on. We run non-Gooolag androids and I only turn on location if I'm lost or on a fire call, so Chief can see where I am.

  3. #3scottwolowich2022-05-04 16:13

    I leave location turned off and enter it manually on mine.

  4. #4suladas2022-05-04 18:23

    You could for sure, i've considered it because you could have your company name, address, plate etc already in so it's a lot less writing. Here you have to keep them forever in case of an audit, and it's actually a ticket if you have old ones in the truck, I think it's more then 30 days old.

  5. #5RenoHuskerDu2022-05-04 18:31

    Wow...Cali? No, your profile says Canada. Crazy, a fine if you don't clean up...

  6. #6Truck Shop2022-05-04 18:54

    If driving under 100 as the crow fly's you are not required to fill out a log book, but you still have to do a daily VIR. If you have IFTA then a trip envelope filled out for the entire week with any crossings of state lines with mileage reading at state line, where you bought fuel and how many gallons. Which routes/highways noted.

  7. #7suladas2022-05-04 19:05

    They have to be kept as records for forever, it's really stupid. In the last few years they've went full mental on the requirements for the safety fitness program.

  8. #8RenoHuskerDu2022-05-05 07:22