Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody pull 2 scrapers behind a tractor?

Monford ยท 2006-02-10 20:54

I run a quadtrack with an 18 yard scraper and the guy I work for wants to put another scraper behind it. I know it can be done but how the heck can you see what 's going in with the back pan? Thanks in advance. Monford

Replies14
  1. #1Deas Plant2006-02-11 17:28

    Only two scrapers??????????? Hi, Monford. Only two scrapers?????????? I have seen some photos of tractors pulling three. And yes, it is a problem seeing what is going on back there. You'd have a better view from a quad-track than from most wheeled tractors or conventional crawlers Maybe you need one of these. A Cat triple 657. Too late. there was only ever one of them made, modified by Buster Peterson of Peterson Engineering in Calif. and it was eventually converted into two doubles by purchasing a fourth 657. You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

  2. #2Dozerboy2006-02-12 01:09

    Wow I don't even like runing 1 scraper let alone 3. Lets see can you roll 3 scrapers at once? I could find away.

  3. #39420pullpan2006-02-12 15:59

    pull pans i have around 3000 hrs on them and the trick is when you are turning into your cut, set your apron up. set it like 6-8 inches and lower all the bowls so they are just above the ground like 4 inches. so when you enter the cut you know where each of your bowls are set. that way when the 1st-2nd- are full you know exactly where that 3rd one is...

  4. #4Deas Plant2006-02-13 06:17

    Well Monford, there's your answer. Hi, Monford. Well, I guess you have your answer - not only two but even three and four pans behind one tractor. And how to do it. Thanks for the extra photos, Fellers. You all have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

  5. #5Dusty2006-02-14 10:25

    some big iron there i have only seen doubles run but 4 wow

  6. #6PSDF3502006-02-14 16:49

    Theres an articale in Equipment World this month on this very thing.

  7. #7jamesbrokman2007-12-04 19:56

    i have run jd 9520's with dual pans and the bell's with dual pans and they work great, i wouldnt want to be on any hills with a 3rd pan with the jd's wouldnt be able to get up them very easy, 2 pans max

  8. #802Dmax2007-12-05 18:17

    dang, 4 bowls. we don't have a spot big enough to turn that thing around in, let alone make a cut

  9. #9Countryboy2007-12-05 18:26

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums 02Dmax! :drinkup

  10. #10Dwan Hall2007-12-05 19:02

    if those scrapers were water tight and had squeegee cutting edges they could be working on I-5 just south of Olympia, WA.

  11. #11Bellboy2008-07-31 12:07

    We happily pull 3 behind our Bells

  12. #12Bwing962008-08-25 15:32

    Tractors and pans I have pulled doubles behind farm tractors leveling land for years and it's really pretty easy. Been several years now since I had any seat time but I'm sure it would come back to me.

  13. #13TGT2008-08-26 15:02

    All in the feel!! We have 3 bowl scrapers. A 14yard Scoop All behind and JD8320 which I really like. We have just started pulling 2 18 yard Ashlands behind are JD8970. When loading the second pan its all done by feel, and listening to the tractor. It can be hard plus that 8970 is not the way to go. Plenty of hp but only being to operate in two gears sucks!! hoping to uprade to a 9520 soon.

  14. #14Micky Denne2008-09-26 15:09

    have you ever heard the roar of a TS24, or the growl of the D9G