Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody run a Bobcat E60

Canuck Digger ยท 2016-12-16 21:02

There was a thread not long ago raving about the E50. Wondering if anyone has a 1st hand experience with an E60 and how it compares to the E50. I understand it's a re-badged doosan. I think the extra reach/dig depth with a long arm of the E60 would be of great benefit. Looking to replace an aging JD50C. A JD 60D would be another option. How do they stack up? Have the truck/22K gooseneck trailer to tow something bigger than a 5 ton. I think a 6 ton or even a 7 ton would be a bit better for small foundation digs/demos etc. Thoughts?

Replies2
  1. #1pondo2017-03-26 15:24

    Hi Canuck, sorry for late reply. I ran rental e 60 on couple medium sized excavation site that full size didn't fit. Never ran 20 ton ie full sized but I think it's comparable . It does not operate like mini. It has tons of power and lots of reach. But not responsive like mini. There was a lag between moving controls and machine reacting. I guess pressure need to build. But was great for medium sized jobs.

  2. #2Rentalstop2017-04-05 21:22

    The lag in Bobcat E50 is most likely due to E-H controls. Electric over hydraulic controls. Fly by wire. Most manufacturers are going this way. As far as I can tell the Deere 60D and newer 60G are true pilot controls. Hydraulic over hydraulic controls, very smooth. My vote would be for Deere.