Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody still running Frantz filters?

crazy-mp ยท 2013-07-23 22:43

Is anybody still running Frantz filters? I am no where as experienced as some on this forum, but I had one of the old hands tell me about these filters, we no longer use these but I wanted to see if anybody has any experience with the toilet paper filters. http://www.frantzoil.com/home.html

Replies4
  1. #1cutting edge2013-07-23 22:49

    not frantz, but Ive installed more than my share of these http://www.stauff.com/index.php?id=1549 pretty much a fancy roll of paper towel, but it works rather well

  2. #2Old Junk Man2015-06-18 05:00

    I use the FrantZ toilet paper oil filters. You gotta use John Wayne toilet paper. They don't do away with the need to change oil. However the do keep the oil cleaner. I change the oil & spin on filter eve in most of my stuff twice a year. Spring & fall. And change the toilet paper in yhe Frantz every three months. I was skeptical when I got the first one at auction. But being curious I installed it on a old PK. Im now convinced it does what the manufacturer claims.

  3. #3check2015-06-18 09:09

    It's a partial flow type filter. A little oil goes thru the filter and there is an orifice on the downstream side that drips back into the oil pan. A friend of mine who put around 600,000 miles on a 66 Ford Falcon with a Frantz filter really believes in them. They do a good job of getting smaller particles out of the oil. Fram used to make a F3P and C3P filter and canister which did about the same thing. There have been several manufacturers over the years who make some kind of partial flow micron filter. remember the Luberfiners on diesel trucks? They're all about the same thing. If you get a Frantz, use their filters, not commercial toilet paper. Their filters may look like TP but they are better and not expensive.

  4. #4Old Junk Man2015-06-18 10:30

    Yes your correct the frantz does the same exact thing that a luberfiner does. I use the commercial paper like you find in public restrooms.