Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Grease characteristics and ASTM tests explained

JoeTheLubePro ยท 2013-07-02 00:02

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Full disclosure... I am a sales representative for Certified Labs in MI. That being said, my intention is not to spam the forum with links to my websites and products, shamelessly plug my products at every opportunity, or badmouth the products of competitors. I have lurked on the site for a while and have learned a great deal from many of the knowledgable posters here including ideas, tips, and solutions that I share with my customers that maintain and operate heavy equipment. I would like to start to share some of my knowledge about lubricants, so I thought I'd start with this. It might seem odd that I am posting an article from another company, but honestly this is one of the best explanations of grease components, additives, and ASTM tests that I have come across and I reference it often. Just ignore the parts about the other company's products. Greases - Technical Guide to Characteristics and Tests Thanks Joe

Replies1
  1. #1big ben2013-07-02 01:11

    Welcome ! I'm sure your knowledge and opinion will be of great use as grease and greasing is an issue that everyone has been around in the equipment world. Thanks for the link as I love reading stuff like that - very interesting and refreshes the mind.