Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone buy hydraulic seals from All States?

notslow ยท 2022-09-20 02:05

Their pricing is really good for the seals to fit my case 580C. Just wondering if anyone else has used them. How's the quality?

Replies9
  1. #1RES2022-09-20 12:25

    Got some from them, reliable aftermarket and some from cross creek. All about the same.

  2. #2notslow2022-09-20 13:36

    Did you notice where they were made? I did find US made seals by Bulldog.

  3. #3old-iron-habit2022-09-20 16:10

    I have used them with good results. I don't believe I have ever replaced a seal that was out because it was a faulty seal. It is normally a bad rod, contamination, 50 years of rust, or some other reason that takes them out.

  4. #4Swetz2022-09-20 16:31

    I have for sure. Every cylinder on the machine the U-cup seal went bad. The ones in the pics are OEM New Holland. The replacements for the OEM were Hercules that I purchased from CEA_Services. Made in the USA too.

  5. #5notslow2022-09-20 17:00

    This doesn't give me much confidence. Especially since I would have expected USA made seals would be better. Not sure what brand All States sells. Sounds like whatever I buy, it may just be a crap shoot. Those seals look like dry rot. Maybe old stock?

  6. #6Swetz2022-09-20 17:41

    Maybe I said it wrong in my post. Those are the original New Holland seals, in the pic, that I replaced with the Hercules seals (made in the USA). I have had no further problem with the new seals. I am not sure where the New Holland seals were made.

  7. #7notslow2022-09-20 18:05

    That doesn't sound as bad. Anyone know where the ASAP seals are made?

  8. #8notslow2022-09-20 18:17

    I'm betting that's what my seals look like. Sitting in the desert for 30+ years. Cylinders are nice and clean, but seals were weeping. Ran the backhoe for a few hours and a swing seal started dumping fluid. Had to load some stuff, so I added fluid and ran the loader. Same thing happened, parked it and fluid just poured out of the seal area of the lift cylinder. Cost me a couple hundred in new hydraulic fluid in less than 20 minutes, but I did get the job done.

  9. #9NH575E2022-09-21 00:53

    I wonder if your machine didn't have some oil contamination or something since you had problems with ALL your cylinders. I have made it so far by just rebuilding the two stabilizers, steering, and the crowd on mine and it is older than yours. My steering cylinder was shot when I got it but wasn't leaking so I put up with the slow steering until it leaked. I expect all mine were probably rebuilt at some point before I got it though.