I thought maybe it was me or my computer but honestly it’s been bugging the **** out of me. The spell correction works like crap and I have to constantly monitor what is actually typed, before I hit post. I am accustomed to spell check and proof reading but more often or not, I find the spell check arguing with me and especially if I hit on the word I want and it types something else. If you go into the word to correct, you have to completely delete that word or it goes off into another direction, leaving wherever you started into the word or phrase behind. Is it me or mine and am I the only one? It’s like im Brandon Brained. lol
I haven't noticed it on this forum so much but I have on other forums. Sometimes the underline on misspelled words goes away as I type. I discovered on one forum I can open a new tab then go back to the tab I am typing in and it restores the spell correction suggestions.
know. LOL
I have a problem on 1 of the 3 computers I use. I never figured it out, just gave up and use a different one.
I thought this post was going to refer to the voodoo spammers that seem to have taken a shine to us.
Nah, for my IPad, I type a word a hit the space bar and if I go back halfway into the word to respell it correctly, the software tries to type a new word from where I backed up to, with that for a starting letter. I have all the updates and stuff, just don’t know if it’s just my version. I may need to delete this HD version and download a new one. Im more into having my hands bleed, than computers. lol
Splell cehck? Nevr hurd off it.
Nice to see someone tries to make sure their posts are correct. It makes them easier to understand. Same with punctuation. I've had proper words changed and/or underlined and have no idea why. It sucks if it's a longer post and you have to go back and edit it.
Know eye half knot.
My computer says skidder isn't a word. I pretty much ignore spell check but I try to spell right and punctuate.
I luv it when some wan tries to lurn us sumpin end misses up the forest sin tents. I quit reading their post after that.
The one sentence that's 3 paragraphs long with no punctuation what so ever might as well be a foreign language. I can make some exceptions for people who don't use English as their first language but are trying hard.
Are you using your phone or a P/C to post? If a phone, it's likely the phone doing it, not our site. I use my laptop to post here and don't experience autofill at all.
I’m using my IPad, that I use on a couple of other forums and don’t have issues with their sites, so I thought it was this site doing it. It started about a year ago. I may delete this version and try a re-install. I work around it but it can be very aggravating. I actually first thought it was a bit of AI, trying to improve our life, before it tries to kill all of us. lol
Som tin wong
In all honesty I've never seen an option to use spell check on this forum. Must be on the phone or computer being used?
What happened to the good ole days when you saw misspellings in someones post and we could assume they were just uneducated idiots? That’s what I always thought until auto correct on my phone texts caused many an embarrassing moment. Spell check screws me constantly…..so yes, I look exactly like that uneducated idiot lol
Right? I have another peeve. Spelling doesn't tick me off as much as the stupid single space after a period anymore. I mean, when the f did the Almighty Educators decide to drop that? My phone has started to realize that I intend to start a new sentence, but it's annoying nonetheless. Spelling doesn't tick me off as much as the stupid single space after a period anymore. I mean, when the f did the Almighty Educators decide to drop that? My phone has started to realize that I intend to start a new sentence, but it's annoying nonetheless. Both paragraphs are the same words, one is double space after period, the second is single. Was taught in typing to always double space at end of a sentence.
Sorry Charlie, no see no double space.
I have noticed that this stuff goes on here but I am not the best speller so it has really helped me . To many things about computers and phones happen and there is no instructions on how to fix them . So unless I just somehow stumble onto how to fix them I have to have help. I am glad there is a spell check on here it helps me a lot .