Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland LB75B No start Neutral switch ?

lb75b · 2025-02-18 20:32

My 2003 NH LB75B will not crank over . Battery is charged and when I turn the key in the "on" position , the lights work , heater blower works , wipers etc. Just will not crank . I am in the process of ordering a service manual . Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions in the meantime . Could it be a neutral switch ? How do I get to it ? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-02-19 08:34

    Would start with visual inspection of the battery and cables, especially the ground. Have you had trouble in the past, with the neutral safety switch? Have you load tested the battery? I Believe your machine has terrible access to the starter because of the fuel filter and lines but can you visually see the wires at the starter? Might look for chewed wires.

  2. #2Simon C2025-02-19 18:13

    Can you pull the key switch to get at the terminals on the back side? If you can you need to find the "C" Terminal that sends power to either a relay or Neutral safety switch not sure which order without a schematic. If you find that I can tell you how to test if key switch is sending power out. Simon C

  3. #3lb75b2025-02-21 18:34

    Been working long hours , Im going to hopefully look at it tomorrow . I will keep you posted Thanks

  4. #4lb75b2025-02-22 12:54

    Got it running . It was the starter , tapped it a bit and it fired right up . Looks like a bear to get it out though .

  5. #5Simon C2025-02-22 14:52

    If you have any more problems after the starter change out, let us know. Simon C

  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-02-23 08:52

    Unfortunately, you probably need to get that starter out and look at the contacts inside or put in new starter. I‘m heading out to the garage in a few minutes to rebuild a Denso starter. New plunger, contacts and freshen up the o-rings.