Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone ever heard of “GenPac” plate compactor?

powerjoke ยท 2010-11-01 20:47

http://www.gentecequipment.com/products/attachments/compactors/ A guy I know has a NEW GE-970 still on a pallet, will sell for about a $1,000 but I have never heard of the company before. Anyone heard good or bad? What's everyone think about the $1k ? I dont have a use for it but I figure its cheap enough I'll just hang on to it till I need it. Pj

Replies2
  1. #1tootalltimmy2010-11-01 22:24

    Richie bros has sold that brand at their Canadian and US auctions. Aug 27,2010 Boise Idaho, one sold for $800 US. Mar.30,2010 one sold at North East,MD. for $2000 US. I think you probably get what you pay for, these were brand new units.

  2. #2rino14942010-11-02 06:30

    I have 2 of them. Bought them for $1,000 a piece and they were brand new. I have one mounted on our 590SM and they work great. I have about 1,500 hrs on it with no problems.