Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone ever heard of Samson tires?

watglen ยท 2010-10-18 21:16

Has anyone ever heard of Samson tires? They're Chinese for sure. I need a complete set for my JCB backhoe, and this is what i'm being quoted. Just wondering if i should avoid them? Thanks Ken

Replies12
  1. #1stumpjumper832010-10-18 22:06

    whats the $$ difference

  2. #2stock2010-10-19 01:12

    one only gets what one pays for, might need to watch them if roading the TBL...for heat build up.

  3. #3watglen2010-10-19 09:10

    Looks like the difference isn't much compared to Titans. 16.9-24 12ply Industrial. I should just grab the titans. I am shopping a US wholesaler against my local small tire dealer. US guy is $425(US) picked up, local guy is $540(CDN) installed.

  4. #4Speedpup2010-10-19 18:48

    Get the Titans!:usa China was dumping tires here below cost and was caught! Now tariffs have brought them in line with US tires. Titan brought the suit.:drinkup

  5. #5joispoi2010-10-20 18:03

    How much would it cost you to pick up and install the tires? Just for the hassle alone, I'd rather go to the local guy.

  6. #6Jim Dandy2010-10-20 22:18

    Funny to see this post as I have just finished replacing 2 samsons out of 4. I have a little 12,000 pound trailer that I haul my mini and skid steer on. Within a month 2 of my 4 year old samsons developed big blisters in the sidewall that popped exposing the plys and leaking air. Of course both times when loaded and busy. I went with 14 ply Hi Runners as they are what was available in my time frame. I believe they are Chinese as well. I won't be buying samsons anymore although a large company runs them on their 35 ton lowboy and the driver says so far so good.

  7. #7watglen2010-10-20 23:11

    It's all a big runaround. The 16.9-24 quoted locally were 8 ply, not 12 as stated. Goodyear 12 ply are 670 ea. Guy in the US cant get 12 ply Titans. I had already committed to purchasing some 900/60-32 from the US supplier, then he bailed on the deal saying the tire had some damage and they didn't want to sell it. Grrr... 900/60s are hard to find a good deal on. So here i sit with no tires at all.

  8. #8Abscraperguy2010-10-21 02:12

    If you're having trouble finding tires try one of the following places Kroy Tire Winnipeg, Man Nebraska Tire Firth, NB Tiretown Leavenworth, KS

  9. #9watglen2010-10-21 06:31

    Thanks a ton Abscrapergy. This is the message i have been looking for.

  10. #10Abscraperguy2010-10-21 23:45

    Let us know how you make out. Just bought 8 of the 710/70 R38 rear tractor tires from Nebraska Tire a year ago or so. Had no problems at all

  11. #11chan652011-10-31 15:24

    man, price is a fraction, I need them for a skytrack, from what I see they are not really 14 ply, anybody else have a good recommendation? I would love to buy something not chinese

  12. #12Swamp rat2011-10-31 19:32

    I have one 1510 pull scraper that i tryed the Sampsons on and the have held up very well.