I noticed they had Retail pricing. Are they negotiable on price? Will they ship a machine across state lines if you find one you like in another state? I am still in the process of looking for a decent machine and I'm having a heck of a time trying to find a good machine. I notice on some of the ads, they have a "condition sheet" which is nice. It tells you in what condition the machine is in. I assume since they are all at Cat dealers, that they have all been checked out. That gives me confidence in my purchase. To tell the truth, if I were to walk up to one and look it over, I wouldn't have any ideal what to look for. At least I know it would have already been done for me. If any of you have ever used the website I would be interested in hearing about your experience. I am going to make contact tomorrow through email so any heads up would be appreciated. Thanks!
Grit, I have purchased one machine off of catused.com. Basically it is just a posting spot for all cat dealers to advertise there inventory. As far as I can tell these machines are anything from something they just took in on trade to rental inventory or machines that have been through the shop. The one I bought was just taken on trade it had actually had rolled off the lowboy and been parked hadn't even been to the wash rack before inspection but that is what I do. I purchased the machine as-is where-is at 80% of advertised price. You need to get ahold of your cat sales rep and he will help out with everything.....TIO
Thanks. I got a hold of my sales rep and he's looking to see what all they have available. I'm not going the catused.com route as we're trying to keep it local. Not much wiggle room in price, I'm afraid. My max I was going to pay is so close to new prices, I may just go that route. I may have to settle for an open cab, though. Oh well can't have everything. Thanks for your input!
In my area it would have a cab.Will more then hold it's value if you take care of it,when you get rid of the machine.No one anymore wants one without a cab. Now if you knock out all the windows then it's a different story! Good luck