Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone ever try a magnetic heater on their wheel loader transmission?

gostate ยท 2012-01-22 15:15

Been looking at these : http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200339107_200339107 The reviews are mixed. The theory is good. Keeping the tranny warm would sure get my loader moving better in winter.

Replies3
  1. #1toomanymachines2012-01-22 20:15

    I have one of those for my Holder (air cooled deutz) and it is rather pathetic. plus I am always worried about an oil leak starting a fire. I think that they are only 450 watts and that is not direct into the oil. it does not transfer the heat too well

  2. #2Mike Van2012-01-23 05:25

    The link is for a 10 volt 300 watt heater? I'd think this would drain your battery in no time. A 200 watt lamp in a holder under the transmission would work better, in my opinion.

  3. #3nlcsoss2012-02-17 10:47

    I tried one of those heaters on my 544 Deere, didn't work all that good, I too was worried about it catching fire.