Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wheel Loader upgrade

Effinay ยท 2012-01-30 17:20

Still a newbie here and will be for sometime I'm sure. I've got a couple of compact articulated loaders, a Waldon 5000, and another oldy, a Hydra-Power model 600. I'm considering something just a bit larger in the Case W11 series, primarily for snow removal in small commercial lots, gas stations,apartment complexes, strip malls. I think the size would be appropriate for maneuvering in tight quarters, ability to manage a 9-10 ft plow or snow pusher, and still easy to trailer as needed. Could somebody offer some insight or experience with this size machine? Thanks. J-

Replies1
  1. #1TMC2012-01-31 19:57

    I also do snow removal. I have both small and large lots to do. I have 2 Volvo L90C loaders and a L70C. I use the HLA snow wing on one loader and 11 foot craig angle plows on the others. I have no problem getting around on the smaller lots. The l70 would make a great snow machine for you. It leaves the option open if a larger property comes your way.