Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone familiar with the genie Z45/25 4wd doesnt seem to work?

kentuckynet ยท 2012-09-13 19:31

I recently purchased a used geniw z45/25 and when working with it i have noticed that when i get on wet ground it will spin only one tire and i get stuck....can i assume from that the 4 wheel drive isnt working? Antone familiar with what could go wrong with the 4wd? thanks

Replies4
  1. #1barklee2012-09-13 20:18

    I dont mean to make things too simple..... but have you checked to make sure you are not in high drive speed when trying to get out of the mud?

  2. #2VoodooMojo2012-09-16 08:32

    is it the left-front tire? what is the serial number of this lift?

  3. #3bigdog32012-12-10 23:14

    I also have a Z45/25J that is doing the same thing. Was working well and now when loading on a trailer the one tire spins out. Switch is in low speed and I think it is the Right rear tire that is spinning out. Serial number is 11263. I have looked at the service and parts manuals and they say to contact Genie for traction issues. I am thinking it must be something simple like a failed check valve or pressure relief, but unsure where to start. I have studied the hydraulic schematic and do not understand why there would not be at least 2 wheels spinning out in 4x4. Only thing that does not work well on the lift is the platform rotate. Sometimes it is slow moving/sticky but that has been going on for 4 years and the lack of 4wd is brand new.

  4. #4AColeman2020-04-05 08:16

    Old thread but did you ever fix problem?