my u48-5 has had a very small leak from new. Very hard to pinpoint. I took it in last December before warranty was up and they said it was the grease separating and running. Well, it’s not. I finally pinpointed it, it’s leaking around one of the pushrods. I ordered the oring now I’m trying to find instructions. I think you unscrew the joystick and the plate comes off that hold the brass bushings that the rod goes through and the pull right out. Ive had the joystick control off inspecting it but left all the quick connect lines hooked up. What is the best way to go at it without making a mess? Here is a diagram and my leaky rod. I hole its just the oring cause thats all i ordered. those parts are expensive.
There are two oil seals in the brass bushing, and the inner one cannot be replaced separately because it cannot be guaranteed to be leak-proof. When replacing it, if you don't want the oil to spread throughout the cab, remember to drain the air from the hydraulic oil tank before removing the bullet head. After removing the bullet head, take out the plunger and spring and clean the impurities. After cleaning and replacing, aim at the middle plunger and press it down with your hand. Remember not to hit it with a hammer. I hope these suggestions are useful to you.
make up a plate to depress pilot plunger in to bores you need to have one in centre and use the one that mounts valve in armrest compress plunger remove figer 130 and them the plate 020 back out bolts spring on spools will pop up brass bushes replace inner and outer seal and reverse to fit
Your saying i need to compress the brass bullets(plungers) in befor taking out the center bolt(u joint bolt) to remove the squish plate? Not following. Are they under pressure Other that the springs? oh, i think your saying to depress bullets to be able to get a hold of center u-joint bolt holding plate on..
yes if you remove the u/j bolt fig 103 the plunger/valve spools may likely pop or fly out by compressing them down Then remove u/j bolt and the plate fig 020 and slowly release pressure they won't fly out the. Try pushing one, and you see they are under pressure