Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydraulic pump

JONATHAN MASON · 2025-09-03 22:28

cat 303.5 cant find replacement parts for the pump i tried buying a new one but intake was in the wrong place

Replies20
  1. #1Tones2025-09-04 00:03

    More info is required as to being in the wrong place.

  2. #2Universal Parts2025-09-04 02:13

    There are many models of Rexroth gear pumps. Will they give you the wrong part? Which part are you missing?

  3. #3Nige2025-09-04 07:03

    I see over 20 different models of 303.5 and I don't have a crystal ball. Why not help to narrow things down a bit by providing a machine Serial Number.?

  4. #4JONATHAN MASON2025-09-04 22:04

    AFW00873 is the serial # the pump i was sold the intake was to close to the engine so part of the frame stopped the intake from being connected

  5. #5Nige2025-09-05 04:26

    Here is the parts listing for it. With the information contained in it at least you have OEM Part Numbers to go searching for whatever you need. There are usually aftermarket alternatives out there, both for piece parts and for a complete pump. What happened to the original pump.?

  6. #6JONATHAN MASON2025-09-10 09:42

    i have tried they just sold me a pump that did not fit. no one has a rebuild kit that i have found, you have any suggestions of places to try

  7. #7Universal Parts2025-09-10 09:44

    Do you have the nameplate information of the pump? I think I should be able to help you.

  8. #8JONATHAN MASON2025-09-10 10:01

    i is in the photo part #1639762 typep2d18-922 serial 101716

  9. #9Nige2025-09-10 10:17

    If you can't get one from Cat does this look like it.? Amazon.com: Threetrees 163-9762 1639762 Piston Pump for Caterpillar Cat 303.5 Ap2D : Patio, Lawn & Garden Buy Threetrees 163-9762 1639762 Piston Pump for Caterpillar Cat 303.5 Ap2D: Spare & Replacement Parts - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases www.amazon.com

  10. #10JONATHAN MASON2025-09-10 10:22

    do you know who makes this pump

  11. #11Universal Parts2025-09-10 10:25

    Because of the Internet, I can't see your nameplate information clearly. I'll attach the picture below for your reference. Luxle AP2D18 is a very common model. It's more optimistic if you buy a complete pump. I thought you lacked a part in the pump for reconstruction.

  12. #12Universal Parts2025-09-10 10:37

    I don't know why, I can't click your attached picture is always loading. If you need more information, send your pump nameplate picture to my email address, [email protected]

  13. #13JONATHAN MASON2025-09-10 10:41

    it only shows one side the problem i had with the after market pump is the intake if it is not 7 3/4" or more from the face that attaches to the engine there is a strut in the way so i am a little nerves of ordering another one i did get my money back but it took a long time

  14. #14JONATHAN MASON2025-09-16 11:59

    this is what i am concerned about so far looking at 3 options this email dose not seem to work

  15. #15Universal Parts2025-09-16 12:04

    [email protected] I don't write the English letter m less

  16. #16Universal Parts2025-09-16 12:08

    THE PLASTIC FLYSPEE IN YOU IS 241MM×50 TEETH

  17. #17JONATHAN MASON2025-09-16 18:54

    no it dose

  18. #18JONATHAN MASON2025-09-16 18:56

    that's cheep

  19. #19JONATHAN MASON2025-09-16 19:00

    i was trying not to buy Chinese has any one dealt with Chinese pumps before

  20. #20ExcavatorPartsVincent2026-06-06 00:09

    For a Cat 303.5 pump mismatch, I would stop using the machine model as the main buying key and build a pump comparison file. Before ordering another pump, record: - full machine serial number and old pump tag/model code - all numbers on the casting or nameplate - rotation viewed from the shaft end - shaft type, spline count, shaft length and pilot diameter - mounting flange face, bolt-hole spacing and bolt size - suction/intake port position, thread/flange type and clocking - pressure port, case drain and pilot/control port positions - regulator, solenoid and control-line layout - whether adapters are safe or whether the housing/port orientation must match exactly Send those photos and dimensions to any supplier and ask for a side-by-side comparison before payment. Also get the warranty exclusions in writing, especially contamination, wrong installation, port modification and oil cleanliness. A pump that is only "for 303.5" can still be wrong if the intake clocking, shaft, flange or regulator layout changed by serial range.