I'm in the process of relocating to Denver area, and am in the earthwork & paving industry. Would like to gain some contacts for employment. Also, I own some equipment and would be interested in a possible joint venture of some sort under the right circumstances.
howdy i come from the western slope, i do not have a whole lot of contacts on the front range but would be happy to help you in any capacity. shoot me a pm if you like regards, cd
Hi Jfarris. I am in the S/W corner of CO. I also came from CA about 10 years ago. What part of CA are you coming from?
I'm coming from the central valley, near Fresno...
Thanks for the reply. I'll send you a pm..
Does anyone know what the process is to get licensed for demo, earthwork & asphalt in the Denver to Springs areas? Is it done with each county?
up here it is a b.e.s.t. card which ia a very easy open book test. they have pretty much stopped asking for it. then a biz. license in whatever town you work for. in my small town the chief of police is big on checking for smm stickers on everything. ohh, and don't forget your fed. tax id. # that is the most important. regards, cd
What is a best card and smm stickers?
I've never heard of a b.e.s.t. card, until now, so it must be a regional or local thing. SMM is state wide and it's just another term for property tax. The only way to know what your tax will be is to submit a request for a quote. This request will include information on the machine you are trying to get a sticker for (the sticker proves that you have paid the taxes for that year). They will let you know what they are going to charge you for that particular machine. You must display the sticker on each machine that you are transporting in the state. Ag. tarctors are exempt. Though I've not talked to anyone how has had it happen the word is that law enforcement can confiscate any unit beeing transported over the highway that does not have a SMM sticker or plate. SMM plates are the same as the stickers but it allows you to legally drive the machine on public roadways too.
What does the tax cost? I was hoping CO didn't have a tax on equipment....that's one of the reasons I was leaving California. I'm having to pay thousands of dollars for equipment that is just sitting not making a dime!
they are getting tough on the smm's. i would be happy to answer any questions you have on this in a p.m. local licensing is important and some city or county may require a test. all in all not that big of a deal.
That explains why the Ames scrapers that I seen last summer had Colorado plates on them.