Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone from illinois?

YoungOne ยท 2008-03-09 23:05

Reason i ask is because I have an oppurtunity to buy eight acres of property WITH a house, a three bed room trailer. And a small pond. A family member of mine owned it for many years, and passed away in 2004. The land is being sold to my family for JUST the taxes that are owed on the property. As i am in virginia, i would probably just sell the property back for more than what i made on it. I havent seen the property but even without going out and looking at it. I think it would still be a good investment in the future. Just for the property. -Michael- Location is Johnson county, Town of vienna

Replies7
  1. #1ohfd2812008-03-10 03:27

    not in Il but with the way land prices are in ky buying it for taxes should be a good deal. keep the taxes paid up on it and just kinda sit on top of it and a few years down the road cash in. just :my2c

  2. #2deeredriver2008-03-10 23:29

    Are you talking about Vienna in deep So.IL? If so, post back. I go through there all the time.

  3. #3deeredriver2008-03-10 23:41

    I just looked up johnson county, and I know the vienna you are talking about. There is not much there, and most of the ground is hilly, with some rocky/brushy areas. Don't hope for too much, as ground is pretty cheep in that area. Not productive or farmable ground, and no developments anywhere near. Very few farm fields in the area. Lots of wooded areas with all kinds of wildlife, and very close to the shawnee national forest. Kinda a isolated area, with not many jobs. I think the main population either goes south to Paducah KY or north to Marion, IL for work. Post back if you need any more info and I will try to help.

  4. #4YoungOne2008-03-11 01:14

    Yes deep south. -michael-

  5. #5YoungOne2008-03-11 01:16

    Thanks if i made more money than what i spent i'd be happy. And taxes wouldnt be much i dont think. -Michael-

  6. #6Deere96702008-03-12 20:39

    Any good deer hunting around there? If so I'm intrested!:waving

  7. #7YoungOne2008-03-13 01:29

    You mean you would be interested in purchasing the property if i bought it? -Michael-