Just wondering if anyone is getting paid for their waste oil and if so, how much a gallon?
Yeah-usually somewhere around .32 a gallon as an average.
Not happing around here, its tough to even give it away, if you have any volume at all. Green state my rear ha.
Yeah, I get it picked up for "free" but anything close to .32 a gallon is worth making a few phone calls.
Well we are lucky if we can just find someone to give it too, Not too many people around here with wasteoil burners
Where in Mi. are you at Dave? I'm always looking for more waste oil sources. Ed
lots of farm shops around here are lookin for it, heck therse even a guy who comes with his trailer and his own tank to take it. Kind of thinking he will pay for it in the future as demand increases. Myself, I use everything i can produce, don't waste anything I guess. But have seen some pay as high as 36 cents a gallon for it. but that guy is local pick up only.
Gotta a guy that comes to my shop, he pickes it up when done gives me and grams a gift certificate for a supper....works for me.
Oh the irony! we burn it for heat but with less miles and less oil changes each year we run out mid winter and have to buy fuel!
In southern Saskatchewan we have a guy that comes around and picks up oil and filters. I don't know the breakdown but 80 gal of oil and a 45 gal drum of filters brought $35.
Hey, Bumpsteer. I am in the Marine City area. PM me if you want more info Thanks
I use a company that picks up our filters and oil, and pays an average of $.30 per gallon. The price of used oil varies in our area.
i have a guy that burns it in his shop also there is 2 companies that are out of Louisville Ky that will come pump it in their truck and pay 29 cents per gallon for it they also pick up the filters (i am happy to just get rid of the filters) a few calls will make you some money
There is a recycling company around here that will take both oil and antifreeze, as well as the filters. They will pay for the oil but they charge for taking the antifreeze. Most of the time we get rid of about 400 gallons of oil, and 90 gallons of anti freeze, and its about a wash, may end up with a few buck but its not much. but what else am i going to do with it?
We just sold 300 gallons, and got $ .35 per gallon...
Best I have found in the Republik of Kalifornia is one that will not charge IF you have a minimum of 1,000 gallons, all in one container. Otherwise, it is a charge per gallon, plus a testing charge of around $30 per container. If you have a bunch of drums, you are screwed. A testing charge for every drum, PLUS $.50 to $1.00 per gallon. It was not long ago that new oil didn't cost that much
I had 250 gallons picked up today. No charge for testing and no charge for hauling it away. Earlier in the week I called the same company anonymously to see if they were paying- like the sign on thier trucks said. Office lady asked for my zip code and then said that they would have to charge me. What a crock 'o ****e.
The only company I could find here in Central NJ was Safety-Kleen. We just had them pick up about 750 gal., but didn't get any money, we were just happy to get rid of it.
A few dealerships will trade used oil for new filters but I've got a friend who comes and gets mine so I save the loading and trucking and the mess of dealing with it and he swaps out barrels for me as well and gives me clean ones to put more oil in so I figured it was a good deal for me and it gets the sludge out of the bottoms of my barrels for me.