Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone going to the Case Rodeo in Las Vegas

rjharms ยท 2008-03-05 19:47

Just wondering if anyone else here is going to Las Vegas for the Case Rodeo.

Replies12
  1. #1NateV2008-03-05 21:19

    No but i wish. Are you going as a competitor or just to watch? I wonder what kind of events they will make them do, i doubt it will be the same as the ones on the rodeo series.

  2. #2rjharms2008-03-05 21:26

    I'll be going as a competitor. They told me that no one will know what the events are so that it's fair for everyone. So I guess we'll find out this weekend.

  3. #3tonka2008-03-06 04:53

    I went when i lived in LV back in the 90s, i was just starting out operating and didn't compete. It was cool to watch tho...

  4. #4NateV2008-03-06 14:49

    Yeah i figured that no one would know the events ahead of time. At the local rodeo here a guy came in and did it in 167 or something close to that but said he went to another rodeo and im not sure if he measured the events or just eye balled it but went home and made his own and practiced. But good luck to ya.

  5. #506bowtie_guy2008-03-06 18:45

    My buddy competed in the local one last year in my area. Did awsome, in the top 10 somewhere. Deffinatly enter!!

  6. #6NateV2008-03-06 20:34

    The vegas one is all of the guys that won their local rodeos. The compete for a new backhoe.

  7. #7rjharms2008-03-06 20:47

    Thanks NateV. The competition is on Monday and the semifinals on Tuesday. I guess time will tell if I'll be there Tuesday or not. Probably watching to see who wins.

  8. #8JS580SL2008-03-07 08:38

    Me and my dad had some of the best times on the balance beam event at our rodeo because they had it setup with deere controls and most guys there ran 4 stick or cat in a backhoe.

  9. #9Nightowlbird2008-03-07 15:55

    Televised? I was wondering if this is televised event by cable or dish? Would anyone know? Thanks, NOB

  10. #10NateV2008-03-17 12:22

    So did anyone go to this while they were there?

  11. #11JS580SL2008-03-17 19:29

    The guy who won at our local rodeo came in 3rd place at the vegas one. The tough part at ours was they made you run 3 different control styles. It messed just about every guy up.

  12. #12cat3202008-03-17 20:29

    I did good on the 2 stick and the pilot but the 4 stick messed me up