Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have a hookup for JD 6.8L injectors…??

Hallback ยท 2015-01-19 21:13

I replaced two at 4k hours and have another going out at 4355hrs. Anyone have a hookup on them and do they need to be computer programmed? What is the rate to replace them in your area?

Replies12
  1. #1partsandservice2015-01-19 21:33

    Are you speaking of the electronic injectors , tier 3? I know of no hook up , only Deere. From experience they can be installed with out programming.

  2. #2Hallback2015-01-19 21:55

    Yes, tier 3. 2012 model.

  3. #3theironoracle2015-01-19 22:39

    Pacific fuel injection services in portland list the EUI deere injector as one of there products. When you call you will get ahold of Trish super nice gal but not an expert, my go to guy is Rod (manager). This is a nice small shop with about three techs in it and they just added a bunch of equipment in the portland store for EUI and HEUI injectors and electronic pumps.........TIO

  4. #4theironoracle2015-01-19 22:43

    ebay has re524382 injectors. $375 each. I assumed your application was a 2454 lol loader with a 6068 powertech engine......TIO

  5. #5theironoracle2015-01-19 22:46

    How much was Deere wanting for them????............>>TIO

  6. #6Hallback2015-01-20 08:24

    Pape wants $880 each for them or at least that was what I was billed for the last ones. Can I just drop them in like on a Powerstroke or do they need to be programmed like the Pape service mechanic says...??? Thank you for all the leads & info!!

  7. #7theironoracle2015-01-20 08:43

    I don't know about programming them. I have installed numerous 3406e and c-15 injectors with and without programming never could tell a difference. You should PM "deeretracks" my bet is he would know.....TIO

  8. #8partsandservice2015-01-20 09:39

    Just to clarify, they do not have to be programmed unless you have to have the machine emmission tested. Installing without programming will not aeffect runability.

  9. #9Hallback2015-01-20 10:40

    Thanks guys. Do you know if I were to pull them out if Pacific fuel injection could test them?

  10. #10theironoracle2015-01-20 11:24

    I don't know if they can test them. I think the EUI equipment they have is all new to the Portland store.................>>TIO

  11. #11partsandservice2015-01-20 21:41

    Just out of curiosity , what kind of issues are you having. These may not apply to your situation, but have two methods for determining a weak injector or one with a tip failure. I purchased one of the fuel lines that connect the rail to the injectors. Cut it and welded up the end. You can the cap each port one at a time to see how much engine tone changes. Similar to breaking off injections lines on a mechanically injected engine, except the engine has to be shut off each time you change placement of plug. To find out out which Cly has an injector with a bad tip, pull the glow plugs till you find the wet one. I chased my tail for a while on one of these engines that had a mild intermittent skip or flutter. Ended up being the wiring harness chaffed right near the starter. Some of these engines were having issues with ends of the push rods mushrooming and effectively causing excessive valve lash.

  12. #12Hallback2015-01-21 19:54

    While traveling up a hill you can feel a slight miss every other second. That is what it did right before the injectors died last time.