Thinking this might be the best place to ask this one. Have tried to locate something online with no luck. I'm trying to explain to someone the procedure for adjusting the rear wheel bearings on an old Euclid truck something in the area of say a 71 to 75 TD. I'm more interesting in explaining the use of the "Fishtail Wrench" that was used for that job. I'm sure other Euclids used the same tool. As I recall the manual called for tightening the bearing to a torque that was given as the amount of torque a 180 pound man hanging on a ten foot pipe would exert. Would love to have a scan of that page if only for the humor aspect of it!
Have you tried eBay?
Yes I have looked on E-bay and see there are some out there but as I am only interested in scanning one or at the most two pages I too much a tight wad to buy a $32.00 book just for the fun of it!
Ah okay, Same here just a bit. haha. I will look around for you.
Is this what you are after? I could get a better scan if so.
Krusty, Your'e the man! That is the picture I've been looking for to explain the use of that tool. I have two of them hanging on a display board out in the garage! The only thing missing in those directions I recalled the 74TD manual at work mentioning how heavy a guy on a given bar should be used to measure that torque!
I love reading the old manuals so detailed and explain it in the way its going to end up being done, using what ever you can find in the pit (;
Agree @Jonas302 I have an old Willys P/U and the mechanics are similar in simplicity but obviously the scale is much more substantial.