Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have any experience Good/Bad with John deere 225 DLC Excavators?

Sean R ยท 2016-06-28 16:10

Looking to purchase a 08 and wanting peoples experience with them. Thanks, Sean

Replies3
  1. #1murfdog2016-06-29 07:12

    I've been happy with mine, good size hoe for varied jobs. 0 swing is a real plus.

  2. #2Mjrdude12016-06-29 18:57

    We have several Deere excavators in varying sizes, both D's and G's. They are good machines. The only issues we have are on machines equipped with hydraulic thumbs, the stick seems to be a bit weak, we have had to replace a couple sticks (arms) and weld a couple up and reinforce.

  3. #3JoshA2016-07-02 19:47

    What part of Canada are you in? I believe mine is a 2012, and I've ran the 245G machines as well. I love the hoe. My only complaint is the noise in the cab. Zero swing machines don't have the gap between the engine and the cab, thus you are listening to the drone all day long. Makes it hard to hear the ground guys. The zero swing Deere machines have the Izuzu engine from Hitachi.