Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have any experience or information with Excalibur X36 thumbs?

newdesertfox ยท 2018-09-01 00:37

I've been looking for a thumb for a while for a 580, (Was going to go with a titan but starting to think that it would be better to invest in a better one, and no sadly I can't afford an amulet >.< ) and saw several EXCALIBUR X36 thumbs for sale on machinery trader and some other places, but no matter how much I search I can't find a single amount of information on them, steel thickness, overall quality, what steel types its made out of, what happened to the company, zip. So no idea if they are any good at all but would like to find out. Any insight or info would be great

Replies3
  1. #1GT19552018-09-01 13:46

    Sorry but I do not have any information on it but as far as the Titian goes i put one on one of my backhoes and it has done a great job. Quality was great for the price and it has had a workout on large rocks and stumps. Just wanted to share my experience. .

  2. #2Tinkerer2018-09-02 11:24

    I did a Google search for the Excalibur X36 and found a lot of used ones for sale. Hmmmm ? Since Titan was mentioned, be aware that they offer two different models of the same size thumbs. Unfortunately I didn't know that and bought the cheaper one.

  3. #3newdesertfox2018-09-02 14:39

    Yeah I did about 4-6 hours of internet digging on X36s, found a lot for sale, new and used from $400-1200 and all seemed to be 2007-2013 models, but nothing newer and no matter how much I searched I couldn't find a single ounce of info on the company or anything about the product so Im a bit stumped on it