Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have Case 580b hydraulic pump model or number?

ANGUS BEEF ยท 2021-01-21 17:17

Looking for the make and model number I would need to replace my hydraulic pump in my 1975 case 580b. Here's a pic of mine. Looks like Danfoss?

Replies7
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-01-21 20:15

    Three point hitch ? No backhoe ? It makes difference in which pump it has. The parts book I have was printed in 1980 and shows a Cessna, a TRW and a Webster Electric. Coy, Melben or Alrman will surly know which one you need.

  2. #2ANGUS BEEF2021-01-21 21:21

    Three point hitch with box blade and front end loader. No backhoe

  3. #394SKgary2021-01-22 05:16

    Angus let me find/dig it out I think I have one I will let you know as soon as I find it

  4. #4ANGUS BEEF2021-01-22 19:43

    Any other ideas?

  5. #5melben2021-01-22 22:18

    Most likely a Cessna will be the replacement, I do not ever remember seeing that brand pump on a 580. When I left the service industry on those units, pumps were relatively inexpensive but that was 6yrs back already.

  6. #6stinky642021-01-23 01:54

    Mr. Beef, I highly suggest when you buy a new pump, you spring for the oem or dealer pump, not the $329 pump from EBAY..I made that mistake, that's why my entire hydraulic system is rebuilt right down to the suction side hoses from the tanks....Changed the pump and it worked for about a month then went south..that's when I did all the extra rebuilding...How could a brand new pump go bad?I chased that mother down till finally put the old cessna pump back on.. ,and even with the front seal blown out it actually had enough power to work the hydros better then that other piece of crap...The upside is I've got an almost new rebuilt hydraulic system and a very good "education" about my hyd. function..Moral to the story is...spend the extra loot and save yourself a lot of "learning" P.S. I didn't have access to a flow meter at the time and yes I did spring for the $600 pump, and the hydraulic pressure gauge is still attached to the backhoe control valve and permanently mounted to the dash...P.S.S. my C is an early 76 and has a cessna oem pn D48950 may be compatible being that close in the production line..

  7. #7ANGUS BEEF2021-01-23 09:58

    Thanks for your advice stinky64