I have a chance to pick up a 1996, Case 360 trencher. It has a Deutz diesel and a backfill blade. It has been stored in a barn, unused, for about 3 years. I think I can get it for $500- $700 range. Is this model of trencher good for anything other than a door stop? Were they a good small trencher in their day? How deep can it dig? What would be the max width trench it was designed to dig? Are parts still available?? I hate to pass up a deal, if it really is a good little machine. Thanks.
Hit google.com 1996 asking $3500....so Eaglepowerandequipment.com has pdf with all the specs. But...there is always a but....depends on digging soil. Hard packed clay and sand: great gor trencher. loose pit run: 4" stone and larger no good for trencher.
I had one with the Duetz in it, I used it couple times and traded it, only because I did not really need it. I bought it at an a RB auction and made about 5K on the transaction. They are good trenchers, as good as any in their day. Most all in this area still use CASE trenchers mostly the larger 460 and 860 models. I am sure parts are still around but you would want to check, there are a lot of the 360's still around. The steering takes some getting used to.
You can get parts from Price Brothers, AND they are VERY knowledgeable about Davis/Case/Astec trenchers